besides Harman and Quad, whats the next troublesome brand.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love some of the sane reasonings you folks post. I love my old Dinosaur Whitfield. It allways runs with just a few mins TLC every week. Ok I coild get down the old can a spray that came with it and repoof it, but it realy doesnt need that..The Auger is bushing is getting worn again so its a tad noisy, the room fan if turned up too far will make the gold trim piece on top rattle, but hey I bet it does at least 240 cfm or more... can feel it 20 feet away when on high, so that will make some noise and disturb her tv. it heats our house on low to 73 on the coldest days and yes house is well insulated but hallway t stat ( she looks at it and says its too warm now turn it off for awhile) for gas furnace is by master bedroom door at end of hall U shaped interior design. NG has been shut off to furnace for years now. she likes the small cast iron looks and self igniting.stoves... dealers says you only need to clean 2 times a month , yeah right. he wants 4k and 750 install and then he wont like the older pellet vent, and he charges 123.00 for a 5' chunk. his estimate to her for piping was another 1800.00 installed . Popcorn yeah. I want some with butter please. I have the boxing gloves on on this.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Stay the course. we are sending MikeNH over as our front line observer, be kind to him he knows not the layout of the battlefield.

Stay the course. we are sending MikeNH over as our front line observer, be kind to him he knows not the layout of the battlefield.

lol....

I was telling my wife about this thread and she said "There you go again, trying to apply reason to a woman's thought process. If reason doesn't work with me, what makes you think it'd work with some other guy's wife?"

Much to learn, have I. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.