Best Brush

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wooden Head

Burning Hunk
Sep 14, 2009
West Michigan
Looking for a brush system that will make 90 degree turns in the pipe. I have a lint/dryer brush with a flexible rod, but it will not make the 90. I've tried twisting it and even hooked it to a portable drill.

i have the lint-eater (as do many others here) makes the 90 degree turn no problem.
i only have one 90 degree elbow.
i think if you're trying to go through two elbows you might want to clean from both ends of the vent so you only have to do one elbow at a time.
but i've never tried two so that's just a guess.

http://www.rewci.com/lirodrveclki.html?gclid=CLeX-IK5xrkCFVEaOgodDXgAEw

it's made to fit in a drill too.

Looking for a brush system that will make 90 degree turns in the pipe. I have a lint/dryer brush with a flexible rod, but it will not make the 90. I've tried twisting it and even hooked it to a portable drill.

X2 on the lint eater brush here. I find that a little pressure while spinning the brush and it goes right by the 90 deg. elbow.
Just remember to only go forward with the drill never backwards or you will spin of the brush inside the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.