Best choice between Greene Gold, Energex American or Appalachian Hardwoods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timinct

Jan 6, 2009
Vernon, CT
I have been researching this to death. I think I am starting to over think it! I know the Greene gold is green team and I have burned them before. I liked them. Great heat output. Just curious how the other two compare directly. Price of Greene Gold and Appalachian Hardwoods is the same. Energex American is $5 more per ton.

I thought about buying one ton of each to compare myself, but I don't want to have regrets. It's getting late in the season and I need to get them delivered.

Thanks for any input.
Tim

Between the Energex American and the Green Gold's? I'd go with Green Gold's. I have not tried the Appalachian yet so no comment on those. I'd stay with what you know works if possible. But I would try the others(in amall quantities at first) to see how they do. Try not to buy too much and get stuck with something that doesn't work for you.

Between the Energex American and the Green Gold's? I'd go with Green Gold's. I have not tried the Appalachian yet so no comment on those. I'd stay with what you know works if possible. But I would try the others(in amall quantities at first) to see how they do. Try not to buy too much and get stuck with something that doesn't work for you.
I'd go with the Green Golds, burnt a bag this season & they are hot! Guy near me is selling them for $220, grabbing a ton this weekend.

Stick with what you already know burns well in your stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.