Best fitting car cover?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tlc1976

Minister of Fire
Oct 7, 2012
Northwest Lower Michigan
I have a 1989 Olds wagon in beautiful shape, due to not being driven in winter, and always being stored inside. It looks like I won’t be able to keep it in the barn for most of this summer due to the work I’m doing to my Jeep.

So I want to keep it covered to keep the paint in good shape, for when the sun does come out this summer. My other cars are living proof of what happens when they never get covered.

If I’m gonna spend the money on a cover, I want one that fits well. With all the covers out there, I don’t know who to believe. Most of them say factory fit, but I find plenty of reviews saying they don’t fit well or at all.

So can anyone recommend a cover that actually fits well? Main thing is UV protection.

If I have to, I’ll roll out the indoor cover and giant tarp, but that’s quite a process.

Reactions: clancey
I was wondering about covering up my old truck at times but the problem is I use it and just wanted it protected more from the sun and possibly "if hail comes", so since I drive it I think I will work on a inexpensive carport of postings and a metal roof but as the host of the thread mentioned I think it would be interesting if someone knows about car covers for long time storage..clancey