best heat range and blower setting for a 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skoal Man's right - you need to try some stuff. I ran one for something like 9 years. Start it at 5/5 as the manual
says, and after it's going well, adjust up or down as needed for your situation. Most of the time mine ran at 4/5 or 5/6.
I usually ran the room blower one notch up, even though the manual says to run them the same. DON'T run the
blower setting lower than the burn setting, or you risk overheating something.

I heated about 1600 sf on two floors. The daylight basement was ALWAYS warm, and upstairs ran from about 64
at night to 68/70 during the day. Mine ran 24/7, except for cleaning, because it took a long time to bring the house
up to temp using just the pellet stove if I let it get cold. Your mileage may vary.

-Stretch

the best heat range is the one that heats your house to the temp you want it to be...

and as far as running the blower and heat range the same...my blower is at 9 all the time

I start mine on 5-5, and then adjust as needed depending on the outside temp. I can keep the house at 70 on 1-1 with 32 outside, today I have the stove running 3-3, outside 35, and a couple of windows cracked for fresh air. I'm new to pellet stoves myself and find experimentation is the fun part....

I will say I am still blown away at the amount of heat this thing puts out....keeps the wife happy big time :)

I start mine on 5-5, and then adjust as needed depending on the outside temp. I can keep the house at 70 on 1-1 with 32 outside, today I have the stove running 3-3, outside 35, and a couple of windows cracked for fresh air. I'm new to pellet stoves myself and find experimentation is the fun part....

I will say I am still blown away at the amount of heat this thing puts out....keeps the wife happy big time :)

x2....... Settings are up to you, everybody has their own Preference. Just keep feed rate and blower the same.
You might burn one brand of pellet at a certain setting then start burning another brand and have to change settings +\- to get the same heat quality. I try to keep a makeshift log of settings, pellet brands, temps etc. You just have to play with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.