Best heat setting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy

Jan 12, 2013
Hello, Just bought a Harman XXV, First time pellet stove owner and first time homeowner. My question is, what would be the best feed adjuster setting and room temp setting for my house? I know this isn't an exact answer. I just have no idea, and kind of want to be on the right track when experimenting. My friend told me to put the feed adjuster on low, 2nd setting, and the room temp on 90. His explanation was the room will never get that warm, so the stove will be constantly running, that way it will not be kicking on and off constantly and it will use less electricity. I have a standard 2,500 sq. foot colonial with a 24x24 great room above the garage, the pellet stove is in the great room with a cathedral ceiling and a ceiling fan. Any input will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

You can set the igniter on manual after starting the fire and the stove wont shut down till it runs out of fuel not ever trying to cycle the igniter. Theres a great sticky on the top of the page on how to run your Harman. Most set the fuel rate on 4.

Hello, Just bought a Harman XXV, First time pellet stove owner and first time homeowner. My question is, what would be the best feed adjuster setting and room temp setting for my house? I know this isn't an exact answer. I just have no idea, and kind of want to be on the right track when experimenting. My friend told me to put the feed adjuster on low, 2nd setting, and the room temp on 90. His explanation was the room will never get that warm, so the stove will be constantly running, that way it will not be kicking on and off constantly and it will use less electricity. I have a standard 2,500 sq. foot colonial with a 24x24 great room above the garage, the pellet stove is in the great room with a cathedral ceiling and a ceiling fan. Any input will be greatly appreciated, thank you.
I have s similar setup for great room with a Harman 52i. Speaking with my installer and father in law (10 year operator) my conclusion was stove temp, medium, 85 temp, feed at 3-3.5. Just keeps it churning away. I move the stove temp down slightly to show the fan etc. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.