Best OWB video I have ever seen....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heaterman

Minister of Fire
Oct 16, 2007
Falmouth, Michigan

Got this from Gord Bullen, who is a Garn rep out west.
I'm not going to comment on it any further because you guys really need to watch it yourselves. It is hilarious.

;lol;lol Fer cryin out loud Steve that had me bustin a gut.

;sick;sick Then it had me feelin like this as that poor SOB was me for years. God how I hated that thing.

!!!!!! 25 cord for two years what I wouldn't have given to burn just that.

:mad::mad: Then this knowin they are still sellin em with they will burn anything that you can kick in the door & green wood is fine sales pitch.

>>>> Then this knowing they will never sell another one my direction.

;);) Thanks in no small part to all the good folks right here. Seriously you folks should patent yourselves & advertise right next to OWB sellers.

>>>> No need for advertising $$ just run video's of their stuff operated as the salesman said.

Seriously thanks for the trip down memory lane :rolleyes::rolleyes: & the belly laugh.;lol;lol

Wish i coulda had the pleasure of operating one of these demons. I think it would make me appreciate my current setup even more. But i am happy where i am at. I get to see plenty enough of them smoking away on my cummute to and from work in the winter.

pig2.jpg

Our first boiler was one just like the one pictured. It burned 22 cords (4'x4'x8') a year. The Jetstream with storage accomplished the same on 4 to 5 cords a year. Wish I could find the picture of the smoke that came out of the chimney when it would go from standby to burn mode. The smoke that it would produce is simply beyond belief. I had no happy neighbors! And sometimes it would even smoke up the inside of the house. Our two daughters were 6 and 8 years of age at the time and they called it "THE PIG"!

Both of those videos should be watched by anyone contemplating an OWB. Of any type or brand.

He sounds a bit sarcastic, no? Maybe even bitter?

His experiment with "external gasification" should be enlightening to anyone who understands how solid fuel combustion works..

I would have busted a gut, but I was full of bagel and coffee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do I go about finding the rest of his videos? I would like to tell him to fill his nasty
thing half full or more of firebrick to solve his issues based on my experience and success
with a fire brick heat sink.

Makes me happy that I filled my indoor wood and coal boiler half full of firebrick to use
as a heat sink.

I would post it on AS but I know I would not be appreciated for it and it would be deleted
because they have sponsors of the bloody things, I would probably be banned too HAHAHA.

Last edited:
OMG

The guy has 105 videos.

This one, at 0 43 he lights off the flue gas at the stack with a propane torch. That was an eyeopener, hilarious.

Probably the best illustration of the amount of heat lost in a non-gasification unit I have ever seen.

Priceless.....

Status
Not open for further replies.