Best pellet stove companies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wally1234

Sep 5, 2010
CT
I'm going to buy a pellet insert, what are the best bends I should stick with and which are ones I should stay away from?

I'm going to buy a pellet insert, what are the best bends I should stick with and which are ones I should stay away from?

I had a Harman Accentra 52i installed last year and have friends with the same insert. No complaints from them or me so far.

You are going to want to see what your local dealers carry. It is important to have a local competent dealer and then decide based on what they carry. I personally like harman and quad out of the local dealer brands.

It all depends on what your budget allows on purchase price and what you are willing to deal with in owning a pellet stove. They all burn pellets but some do it better or with less issues and hassles. Some will not continue to run and burn if you do not clean and baby them on a daily basis. Others will chug along without any problems at all with minimal user input and / or cleaning.

The brand of pellets you use can also be a large factor in this.

If you're getting an insert only do one with a cage and rails, that narrows the field, then just pick the Harman model that is best for you and your square footage.

I do love my Quad ..

Just love our Enviro M55 cast insert

Harman

Nothing against the box stores however you will likely find a better quality of stove at a dealer and some support if you need it.

Reactions: Cory S
Harman and Whitfield are the favorites on this forum, with other brands (like Quadrafire) trailing somewhere behind, but there are other very good makers out there. For example, the Austoflamm Integra (new name is Rika) is excellent, and I've read good things about other brands like Piazetta, though they're more 'esoteric'.

I would encourage you to not skimp on the purchase. My philosophy has always been "buy it right, buy it once". I didn't have much of a budget and couldn't afford to make a mistake, so I bought a '91 Austroflamm Integra pre-owned (with the astute guidance of this forum) a couple years ago that's still working like a champ literally decades after it was manufactured. Not sure you could say that of box store brands - who knows where those things are today.

Feel free to ask for help - we're a friendly group here.

Asking for the best stove is like asking for the best car. You won't reach an agreement without adding more context about you, your location and your needs!

Reactions: rona
Reactions: bogieb and Cory S
I installed a Harman accentra 52i last year and I am very happy. Very easy to operate, clean and puts out good heat. For me this was a great choice.

Enviro M55C Insert - very pleased with the purchase so far. All of the stoves have their strengths, and I believe Quad/Harma/Enviro are all well sorted insert options at this point. My advice is to identify your budget, pick the aesthetic you prefer the most in that range....otherwise they technically all have about the same bells and whistles.

Also find a good dealer with good service and history/reputation. They will help you with warranty issues and service....so depending on what they carry will help determine your options. Good luck.

x2 with NYburner. Quads, Enviro, Harman, Lopi, St. Croix, BBS brands, installed and ran properly with good quality pellets will keep you warm.

I decided to go with a iron accentra 521i [emoji4] I'm giddy like a school girl. Can't wait to order it this week!!!

Reactions: bogieb
You'll love the 52i, I just had mine installed last week, still learning how to run it but so far its an awesome stove.

Congrats on going with the Harman. I have the old (now) Accentra insert. I really wish they had the 52i when I was building.

Did you guys buy the rails so it slide out the fire place eaiser?

Did you guys buy the rails so it slide out the fire place eaiser?
I did buy the rail kit. It seemed expensive at the time but I am glad I bought it. If your hearth is elevated it makes it much easier to pull the stove to do the 1 ton cleaning. With out the rail kit I would either have to build something or have a second person, with some strength, to help remove the stove to get to the back during maintenance, which I do about 4 times per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.