Best Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

marine5068

Jan 5, 2011
Madoc, Ontario, Canada
What's your opinion and what do you think is the best of the pellet stoves out there right now and why?

Harman... just cant beat the feeder design.

I like the Europa (post Regency) made by Paromax. Very quiet, battery backup, self cleaning pot, decent warranty, once a month shut downs to remove ash, uses less pellets and electricity than the other stove we burn in the showroom. Good value at $4K.

It helps that I have the owners cell phone number in case I have a question in the middle of the night.

I've owned stoves by Harman, Quadrafire and currently own 2 Bosca's. I've not had any issues with any of them. I like the price/value of the Bosca Spirit 500's that I currently have. The Harman I owned was pretty bullet-proof as well.

I researched them all and settled on the Harman, excellent design, least amount of maintenance IMO. My only complaint is that the XXV needs a larger hopper for extended burn times.

Enviro has some of the quietest on the market and the Multifuelers are tough to keep up with. Pressurized igniters for cleaner starting and no picky stove attitude! I'm hoping they come out with a furnace here shortly too!

But in all, There are many out there that are solid. Most start with the budget first, Looks then come into play. If its near the tellie, You looking for low noise. SO I would start with what you can afford first!

I've been a very Pro Harman guy for a few years, but I must say, the Enviro Omega (currently 10+ weeks of continuos operation with 1 shut down to empty overflowing ash pan) and the M55 cast are very impressive, pricey, but impressive. In the end, I still feel, for the $$ the Harman P38 might well be the best thing out there, not so many bells and whistles, but lots of grit and a "can do" attitude is built right in.

Delta-T said:
I've been a very Pro Harman guy for a few years, but I must say, the Enviro Omega (currently 10+ weeks of continuos operation with 1 shut down to empty overflowing ash pan) and the M55 cast are very impressive, pricey, but impressive. In the end, I still feel, for the $$ the Harman P38 might well be the best thing out there, not so many bells and whistles, but lots of grit and a "can do" attitude is built right in.
+2... we ran a VF-55 for a while in the warehouse (an M-55 by Vista Flame,an enviro by a different name) mulit fuel unit, and that thing required no cleaning for a month. We never even had to scrape the pot. Thing is: The Harman p series (which these stoves were designed to compete with ) has a way more powerful fan, and WAY less peices to take apart inside the firebox to clean out.

I am a "used stove" freek

Currently running two Whitfields. I like them. Normal amounts of fan noise.

Own 2 Quadrafire 1000's
These are great heaters, reliable and all, but noisy.

Heard good things about the Harman

Snowy

summit said:
Delta-T said:
+2... we ran a VF-55 for a while in the warehouse (an M-55 by Vista Flame,an enviro by a different name) mulit fuel unit, and that thing required no cleaning for a month. We never even had to scrape the pot. Thing is: The Harman p series (which these stoves were designed to compete with ) has a way more powerful fan, and WAY less peices to take apart inside the firebox to clean out.

+3! The P series is so easy to clean.......I'm considering training ferrets to do it. Will post a vid when it happens.

We looked at the enamel M55 before we bought our enamel XXV, the fire pot and agitator design turned me off, more crap to take apart, more stuff to clean, and more things to go wrong, the Harman design is very simple and works great.

Currently own two Harmans and they are outstanding. The only other stove I would think about purchasing would be a Quadafire.

I did own two Whitfield's previously. Back in the day, I believe they were a very good stove

Harman, good for the economy. Government says we need to spend out of the recession.

slls said:
Harman, good for the economy. Government says we need to spend out of the recession.

Don't look too closely or I might have to see if there are any bills of laden for shipments from across the ponds.

I thought all of that spending money that you don't have is a very large part of what gets you in the mess we are in.

Can anyone say I'm debt free or is your debt level so darn high there is no way out.

I know a family that will shortly be on the street, funny because they got themselves into the mess by spending and nothing but spending that which they didn't have nor were going to have.

SmokeyTheBear said:
slls said:

Don't look too closely or I might have to see if there are any bills of laden for shipments from across the ponds.

I thought all of that spending money that you don't have is a very large part of what gets you in the mess we are in.

Can anyone say I'm debt free or is your debt level so darn high there is no way out.

I know a family that will shortly be on the street, funny because they got themselves into the mess by spending and nothing but spending that which they didn't have nor were going to have.

I might be debt free (must check my Powerball ticket from last night). If so....I'm buyin a Harman, LOL.

marine5068 said:
What's your opinion and what do you think is the best of the pellet stoves out there right now and why?

Absolutely, no doubt, it all depends

hossthehermit said:
marine5068 said:

Absolutely, no doubt, it all depends

<snicker, snicker>.......Let me be clear.....good question.

NotMyJob said:
The best stove out there is the one that's keeping me warm! Currently that be a Breckwell ! ha ha

I am 100% with you. What the original poster may mean is, " Did I buy the right stove?" We seek validation from the folks we respect, and there really is no good answer to the question, "The Best?". What works for me, would be totally wrong for you. There have been times when I wished my stove looked better and had special features with all kinds of auto controls, but the fact is, six pellet stoves, 15 wood stoves, and too, too, many gas furnaces. The best is the one keeping me warm tonight.

littlesmokey said:
NotMyJob said:
The best stove out there is the one that's keeping me warm! Currently that be a Breckwell ! ha ha

I am 100% with you. What the original poster may mean is, " Did I buy the right stove?" We seek validation from the folks we respect, and there really is no good answer to the question, "The Best?". What works for me, would be totally wrong for you. There have been times when I wished my stove looked better and had special features with all kinds of auto controls, but the fact is, six pellet stoves, 15 wood stoves, and too, too, many gas furnaces. The best is the one keeping me warm tonight.
well said!

Status
Not open for further replies.