Best pellets at South Shore Wood Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steph2078

Nov 15, 2008
MA
WHat are you burning, had a great time with the Barefoots last year... and need to purchase another ton. Wanted to know what you found best. I have an englander. Thanks!

I have an Englander too, but in your case, the old saying "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" seems to apply here...if you had good results w/ the Barefoots, why change?

That being said, the following are the pellets that I like the most so far:
Pres-to-logs
Lignetics Soft & Hardwood
NEWP

I have the following, but haven't burned them yet (but am expecting good things based on reviews):
CleanFire
Rocky Mtn

Wish I had these, as all reviews so far have been great:
Okanagans
Barefoot

The Appling County leave behind a huge mess of ash
so those are the only ones I'd steer clear of. Everything else
he has at the moment is top quality imo so take your pick.
I will say that my fav (bang for the buck) out of his current line up
is Omalley. Ymmv.
audience.gif

I bought 3 tons of Lignetics from them in the spring, can't go wrong with them IMO. As Xena said all are great except possibly Appling (never tried them).

I ordered over the phone and the people were very nice and the delivery guy was great. I would recommend them!

Thanks everyone!! Last year I ordered a ton opf barefoots... hubby picked them up, came home, unloaded the whole ton. And I asked to see the bag.. he didn't check to see what he was buying because they said it was cheaper!! Uggh!! They were the Appling... So I was mad! Just to make him happy, we tried a few bags and they were horrible!! Back to the store he went with the ton he came home with!!

I was thinking about Omalleys, and online info I saw was good, but I was nervous because it seemed like a good deal!

Hey Macman. Have you tried any of those Cleanfire pellets yet? I am about to make the plunge on them and was curious how they were. I hate buying pellets in quantity without trying them first.

Status
Not open for further replies.