New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Best Pellets near Foxboro MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BucksWhit

Nov 25, 2015
Plainville ma
Anyone know the best pellets I can get near the Foxboro MA area?

Not so worried about price. I am looking for the lowest ash and least soot I can get.

I am only looking for half a ton to a ton. Within reasonable driving distance.

Kirleys in Mansfield has awesome stuff. High heat low ash.they used to carry okies but since they are no longer produced they now have a new line of pellets. I know he has Doug firs. pricey but has all your looking for. Ferrnsteins feed store has lgs which are pretty good too

Reactions: AccentraRRT
Thanks!! I will go check out Kirleys tomorrow. Never burned Doug firs but hear great things.

Thanks!! I will go check out Kirleys tomorrow. Never burned Doug firs but hear great things.
best pellets you will ever burn are douglas fir. I still have one ton of blazers left from last year I could have went 30 bags between cleanings however I clean my stove once a week out of habit once the season gets going. let us know how you like them they are pricey but worth it. I also have 2 ton of lacrete which is a great pellet burn almost as hot but it had much more ash than douglas firs do. it's light fluffy snowy ash that doesn't weigh much so it doesn't bother me.

Went over to Kirleys. Man what a great place that is. Great staff and showroom. After drooling over the accentra 52i insert for a while I made my way over to the pellet desk.

All they have in stock is MWP. But they can get anything on order in a few weeks runway. I put in an order for a ton of Northern Warmth Doug Fir. They had them for 8.30 a bag. 7.30 a bag if bought in bulk (a ton or more). only 40$ delivery. 365 a ton. 405 delivered.

Figured worth a try. I am shouldering with "Still River" that I picked up at a big box for 4.59 a bag. Not awful ash but lots and lots of soot on the glass.

Love the people at Kirley's.....Great service!

Howdy neighbor (literally), I ran Blazers all last year and love them. Problem is- they're NLA in New England.

Kirleys is great people, we've been in there a few times, wanted to order the northern warmth DF pellets this year- but I'm hesitant with the price @ nearly $100 more/ton over what I paid for the Blazers.

Please post back with your satisfaction. Not many reviews on here for the NW pellets.

That Harman accentra is beautiful. I made a deal with the household CFO that would be the next stove... But the breckwell we have has been really great and dead reliable so I don't think we'll upgrade any time soon.

Eric is the best and really knows his stuff. I'm in norton and stop in there regularly to annoy him with questions

Went over to Kirleys. Man what a great place that is. Great staff and showroom. After drooling over the accentra 52i insert for a while I made my way over to the pellet desk.

All they have in stock is MWP. But they can get anything on order in a few weeks runway. I put in an order for a ton of Northern Warmth Doug Fir. They had them for 8.30 a bag. 7.30 a bag if bought in bulk (a ton or more). only 40$ delivery. 365 a ton. 405 delivered.

Figured worth a try. I am shouldering with "Still River" that I picked up at a big box for 4.59 a bag. Not awful ash but lots and lots of soot on the glass.
Wow Im surprised at that. I was there just about a week ago and he had Newp,mwp and tons of the Doug fir but they were probably spoken for

Last edited:
I think the cold spell this weekend must have triggered folks to stock up. Decent amount of ppl in there picking up pellets. That will be my new go to place no doubt.

One thing he told me was don't use windex to clean the glass. I seem to get a black soot on my glass within ~2-3 days of a cleaning. He said Windex leaves a residue layer that attracts soot. He recommended white vinegar. I am going to give that a try during my next cleaning!

Use a damp/wet rag dipped in ash, works great! Polish with some Rutlands for a slipppery finish.

Any report on your satisfaction with the northern warmth DF?

I went with packsaddle from pelletsdirect, and they're excellent- might even be a little cleaner than the blazers, but haven't run it too hard yet.

They were delivered last weekend and they are stacked in the basement waiting. I am finishing off some FSU's and some other big box shouldering pellets I picked up at 4.59 a bag out of curiosity how they burned. About 5 bags left then I will start in on the Northern Warmth DF. I will post back as soon as I run them!

Had to pull out the stove to fix an auger jam. Since then been noticing a slight slight smell of smoke in the room when I first start the stove. I sealed up the exhaust line with lots of high temp and it is much better. Lazer pointer test showed alittle smoke before but none now. Still get a slight smell. Troubleshooting...

Fixed the auger issue. Big pile of sawdust in the auger. Cleared that and good since.

The northern warmth DF's are unbelievable. No ash. Super clean. Hot. The best you can get I think (And I have tried everything). Slight bit of fines at the bottom of the bag but no issues yet. Expensive but if you want to burn non stop in a lower grade stove you need these.

Good to hear on the fix. Reporting in that the Packsaddles I've been running are incredible. Hotter and cleaner than Blazers with noticeably less fines. Very very happy with them.

If you'd ever be interested in trading a couple bags of the Northern Warmths for Packsaddles for some testing, let me know. I'm literally next door.

I'd be interested in a swap. I've got turmans,Somerset's,blazers and oki Doug fir if u guys wanna try any of those flavors. I'm in norton by the chateau