best pellets on the market?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! for Pennywise - last week Menards had Pennywise (Marth) instead of Somersets. As they were still on double sale, I purchased 8 bags. Had to turn my stove down 2 levels as these are burning very hot! Bag doesn't say whether soft or hardwood. My worst pellets heat wise were last year's soft/hard blend Lignetics.

I've gone through 2 pallets of Okies this year they burn real hot in my stove, the only down fall is the price about 265 ton here. I tried 5 bags of Maines Choice I think they were even hotter than the okies though a little more ashey. They are 209 ton here. Have a ton of Cubex(old standby) and 5 bags of Burn pellets I'm going to run through the firebox. I want to get at least 3 tons stocked up this spring for next year, looks like prices will go only up from here.

X2 on the Spruce Pointe. Also Eagle Valley and Okanagan really close...in my stove anyway.

I've been burning Okies and Vermonts all season.

About a $15 / ton price difference for me.

So today I'm picking up another ton of Vermonts to get me through the rest of the heating season.
I like them and they are a bit cheaper.

Should have some carry over into next fall.

---Nailer---

Found Barefoot,Somerset,Nature's Own,Greene Team to be very good.

Many a post here on Cubex being most excellent !

I loved the Cubex too, but so many of them were long and got caught in my Harman (yes Harman) stove - causing loud thunks every so often. I even tried to break the long ones up before pouring them in the hopper, but several made it in and were wicked noisy. Now I'm running MaineWoods pellets. They're shorter, burn nice and smooth and hot but a bit faster than the Cubex. They do smell strange. I'm trying to get used to the smell, though, because they were quite a bit cheaper than the Cubex! I like supporting a Maine business, and they have great customer service, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.