best place to buy a cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

billz

Oct 9, 2008
Fountain Inn SC
I installed a used high valley stove last yead. I have no idea how old the catalytic combustor is. I couldn't tell much of a difference with the by pass open or closed. So I'm think of spending the money and starting fresh with a new cat this year.

so were is the best place to buy on-line.

I was looking at firecat's videos and they seam good. anyone every buy from them?

thanks

ps it was 95 here in SC today and I'm thinking about building a fire. There's something about a woodstove.

The High Valley 2500 looks really familiar. Is it offered under another name as well?

waz said:
I installed a used high valley stove last yead. I have no idea how old the catalytic combustor is. I couldn't tell much of a difference with the by pass open or closed. So I'm think of spending the money and starting fresh with a new cat this year.

so were is the best place to buy on-line.

I was looking at firecat's videos and they seam good. anyone every buy from them?

thanks

ps it was 95 here in SC today and I'm thinking about building a fire. There's something about a woodstove.

Firecat has been around a long time and they make the cat that came with your stove so why not buy the Firecat? http://www.firecatcombustors.com/Catalog/cat-HighValley.htm also get some gasket material to wrap it too.. They are less than $100.00 or just google your stove and see if you can do better.. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

Ray

Best place to buy a cat? Try the humane society.

Status
Not open for further replies.