best place to buy dutchwest parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccogrower

Jan 9, 2010
Suffield Ct
well, my dutchwest crapped out after 2 seasons. i had the dealer come out and do a cleaning on it after i couldnt get any heat out of it. and this was just after i had my chimney liner installed! repair man said it was overfired badly and cracked the shoe. said it would be $1800 in parts but would sell me a brand new one for $1900. bs if u ask me. go figure VC sold out and wouldnt warantee stove. ive always watched this stove like a hawk and have never seen the temp over 600*. oh well, my rant is over

where can i get a replacement parts for this stove? i need a new shoe and the ferramic liner behind it. i found a hole in the top of it(think the stove guy put his finger through it)

stove came out today. is this thing lined with lead? lol pellett stove is going in tomorrow as replacement till i get this thing back together or find a blaze king i can afford.

i checked that site. i might be missing somthig but all i can find is parts for cat models. i have a non cat with a fountain

I am not sure of your exact model number, but I did find the non-cat under manufacturer = Consolidated Dutchwest and the model = Convection heater 2479. Or give them a call, they are helpful folks.

Seems like a no brainer to move along to another stove than to possibly run into the same problems with your current one. At least you have a back-up with the pellet for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.