Best place to put themometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly1726

Sep 26, 2009
Northeast Pa
hi I am new to woodburning. I just purchased a magnetic themometer and was wondering where the best place to install is. Also what range temps should i run for a efficent fire thank you

Greetings Gilly. The location varies with the stove brand and type and the installation. What stove and what thermometer? Does the manual give any guidance here?

I chuckled about this post for a moment... let me regain my composure.

BeGreen said:
Greetings Gilly. The location varies with the stove brand and type and the installation. What stove and what thermometer? Does the manual give any guidance here?

MagnaFlex said:
Lemme guess, you were thinking of Nurse Nasty...

The OP didn't even mention what brand of stove or whether there was single or doublewall pipe. Until then...

LLigetfa said:
MagnaFlex said:
Lemme guess, you were thinking of Nurse Nasty...

Actually, when I read the title, it reminded me of parenting experiences.

And then there was that episode of "House" ....

Peace,
- Sequoia

Status
Not open for further replies.