Best places to buy PC45 parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That site might be good for Harman parts but stinks for my Castile. ONE part available. I guess Harman's need more parts. :)

What's BP? My thoughts are to maybe up my game when I do the monthly or 1 ton cleans. It would only take a minute to pull the fans each time and easier to clean them better and behind them. If I do that and hit them with anti-seize each time on the shaft / spindle and set screw they may likely stay easy to deal with. If not I'll cut them off if need be wen the time comes.

My bad (and age I guess.......) PB Blaster. I use that stuff for everything corroded. I just dislike the new style aersol cans. You drop one, it lands on the top and it's done for...poor design.

Used to use WD40 but PB is light years better. I have found that WD40 makes an excellent tubeless tire mounting lubricant...tire almost mounts itself....almost.

WD40 makes for a good gun cleaner etc but not much else.

Reactions: SidecarFlip
That site might be good for Harman parts but stinks for my Castile. ONE part available. I guess Harman's need more parts. :)

Seems as though Flea-Bay has become a good parts source these days.... I hear tell (may be fiction, may be fact) that various manufacturers use Flea-Bay to sell (discount) parts. They should in reality. Most all the OEM website parts prices border on insane to outright stupid.

I was perusing one the other day and they had an ordinary roll pin (that you can get at a hardware store for 50 cents tops, for $3.00. You gotta be kidding me.

Seems as though Flea-Bay has become a good parts source these days.... I hear tell (may be fiction, may be fact) that various manufacturers use Flea-Bay to sell (discount) parts. They should in reality. Most all the OEM website parts prices border on insane to outright stupid.

I was perusing one the other day and they had an ordinary roll pin (that you can get at a hardware store for 50 cents tops, for $3.00. You gotta be kidding me.
You're right. I have a pool and regularly (too regularly!) buy supplies from an on-line store with great service. I needed a new filter assembly and figured I'd look on EBay since my store wanted a fortune for it. I found it on EBay for half the price and free shipping! Score! When it arrived in two days! it came from my usual store!!! Go figure > EBay half the price from the same store that wanted double through their website! Not defective. Not a return or refurb. Caveat Emptor

I've gotten parts for my St. Croix from PelletStoves4less. They may not have everything you need/want, but I know there were several parts that I got, that other places wanted way more for. http://www.pellet-stove-parts-4less.com/category_s/694.htm

EDIT: course looking at the price of the flame guide, I'm not seeing a decent price. Still, it is always nice to have choices.

I used PB Blaster and hit it numerous times and let it soak. The fan is stuck so I am leaving it alone. I did manage to get the set screw out though. Exhaust blower works fine but when it goes I will have to cut the fan off. I thought about using a puller on it but the way the fan is and the small collar it wasn't doable without damaging it. I'll do that when it's time to replace the exhaust blower and put a new fan on anyway. Might be easier than cutting it off. It is all back together now and will be installed ASAP.

It worked fine before after an unreal cleaning but I wanted to go thru the entire machine and take it apart to check everything and clean in places that never get cleaned. It is literally like a new unit now. To this point I have ran about 5-6 bags thru it. It was also a good learning experience and when I need to work on it or my 68 it will be easy for me to do so in the future.

WD-40 is actually a cleaner. Too many people mistake it for a lubricant.

Status
Not open for further replies.