1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Best places to find used woodstove?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by wmbriano2grad, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wmbriano2grad

wmbriano2grad New Member

Loc:
    Linden, VA
    Besides the classified section of hearth.com (I already have a post there) and craigslist, are there other good places on the web to find a used woodstove? I'm looking for a Jotul Castine or a hearthstone homestead.

Thanks!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. wg_bent

wg_bent Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    ebay, but most need to be picked up vs shipped, and I'm a bit leary of a stove on ebay since you don't get a chance to look it over unless you can get the seller to agree to let you look at it first.

How about the Pennysaver? Did you try freecycle?

How about contacting a local stove store to see if they know of any. Maybe tell them that you'd purchase the chimney parts from them if they give you a lead?
  3. Corey

Corey Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Midwest
    I found my insert in the local paper under the 'fireplaces and woodstoves' section. Actually, I was pretty lucky...the first one I went to look at was pretty much exactly what I was looking for ...something with arched top door(s) and mostly black (ie not a lot of brass).

Ebay, craigslist, etc work well if you can find someone locally - otherwise shipping, or even going to pick it up gets pretty expensive with todays gas prices.
  4. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Craigslist is quite popular in my area.

Also, not sure where you're from, but in Northeast PA we have the Paper Shop which is always LOADED with stoves for sale.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.