Best places to find used woodstove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the classified section of hearth.com (I already have a post there) and craigslist, are there other good places on the web to find a used woodstove? I'm looking for a Jotul Castine or a hearthstone homestead.

Thanks!

ebay, but most need to be picked up vs shipped, and I'm a bit leary of a stove on ebay since you don't get a chance to look it over unless you can get the seller to agree to let you look at it first.

How about the Pennysaver? Did you try freecycle?

How about contacting a local stove store to see if they know of any. Maybe tell them that you'd purchase the chimney parts from them if they give you a lead?

I found my insert in the local paper under the 'fireplaces and woodstoves' section. Actually, I was pretty lucky...the first one I went to look at was pretty much exactly what I was looking for ...something with arched top door(s) and mostly black (ie not a lot of brass).

Ebay, craigslist, etc work well if you can find someone locally - otherwise shipping, or even going to pick it up gets pretty expensive with todays gas prices.

Craigslist is quite popular in my area.

Also, not sure where you're from, but in Northeast PA we have the Paper Shop which is always LOADED with stoves for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.