Best Problem Ever

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebbci05

Feb 12, 2008
Northern Mi.
I am staying up late 2nite watching my new econoburn 150. It's 2:30 and I am making sure that my boiler doesn't overheat:) I switched my 100 to the 150 today and oh my word I am happy beyond description. My 150 is set at 170 and the fan is idling but it is still putting out enough heat to heat all my panel radiators, infloor, and 512gal. storage, and i got the heater in my garage set at 40 to get rid of the extra heat. Didn't install the overheat gravtity loop yet,because we needed a fitting for the aquastat. Glad I have the heater in garage to disapate the heat, but don't dare go to sleep yet. Looking forward to hooking up domestic HW and adding a few more controls to the system. Also thinking about more storage:) The 150 is truly AWESOME. Thanks to Marc at Econoburn, you have been very good to deal with.

Did you switch because the 100 wasn't big enough for the task?How much space are you heating?

Jeff S said:
Did you switch because the 100 wasn't big enough for the task?How much space are you heating?

Not really, but kind of. I switched b/c there were a couple of issues from the get go on my 100. Yes the 100 for some strange reason would not heat my house very good. I am heating about 1200-1400sq ft. Its an old farm house with balloon constr. and so it is quite drafty when the wind blows. Before I could fire the 100 up and let it go full blast all day long and only be able to heat the house and almost never reach 180 degree water. That goes through a lot of wood. That is why I was staying up until 4:00 last night. I filled the 150 up at 11:00 almost full.(that is what I had to do on the 100) Could have gotten away with 1/2 full or less load:) Last nite I had the heat in the house crankin', the tank open and 165, and my 32 x40 uninsulated garage at 50 just to keep the boiler from overheating(at low burn) Temp. last nite was 20-23 with moderate winds

Everything working well now Gopher? I also have an econoburn 150 and am really having good luck with it . No heat storage , seems to idle nicely and start up when it calls for heat. Last week i tried to adjust the door and it did'nt work out so I had to just shut off the fan and let it burn a full load out before I could adjust it properly . it took all day but the wood eventually burn't out. My house is 2700 sq. ft. with a 24x 28 garage heated to 15 c . Seems to work great.

Status
Not open for further replies.