Best setting for Mont Vern AE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deed

Dec 22, 2007
Central Me
Wondering what other people have been setting there stove at. I have found living in central Maine where it has been below average for all of Dec and very cold for some of January so far. I have gone to setting it on High Manual. this seems to get the best heat and usage of pellets. What has other people experienced?

I live in Central Pennsylvania. It has been unseasonably cold here the last week or so. I have found the same that I use less pellets on the High Setting. What type of fuel are you burning. I am burning a pellet/cherry pit mixture. Picked up a ton of Cherry Pits for 150.00. Cheaper then Pellets.

I burn only wood pellets from HOme depot and a local company. I'm interested in other fuel. I'm new to this, looking into corn for next season and a mixture of wood pellets. Will have to see what the availablity is around my area.

i am fairly new to this as well. trade in my 20 yr old coal stoker on a my mt vernon ae in December.....still playing with it alot.

I guess it is a love affair with the thing. My wife doesn't get it, all she wants is the heat to come out of it. She doesn't realize there are many factors to make sure you get the max BTU out of it. Will just keep adjusting until I figure it out.

I just set the thing on automatic ... it adjusts the level as needed.

I live in Maryland and have had the Mt. Vernon Insert since 12/31/07. Have gone through some difficulties with the power supply, new control board, new wall unit and new convection blower. After all of this I do like the unit however flame height has still been an issue. Right now it appears that the best burn rate and heat output is to run on manual at a mediun high setting on high elevation (if you have that particular wall control, if not I suggest you call your dealer and get it) at 0 flame height. It is remarkable to me how much better my stove runs on the higher elevation setting. On normal setting I need to run at -4 or -5 flame height but it still doesn't seem to get enough air.

I'm not sure what I'm suppose to get but at setting it at High with the flame height at 0 it's blowing like a big blow torch. I will try the elevation increase to see what it does.

Sounds about normal. The flames on the AE will be much larger than other pellet stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.