BEST SITE EVER!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EZsteve

Dec 26, 2010
Central Va
Just want to say this is the best site ever. Installed my stove 12-4-10 and knew nothing about pellet stoves. I found this site two weeks ago because i had some questions that i needed to answer. Everything i need is here. Now i spend every free moment on here reading post after post. You guys are great and you toll out info that helps alot of people that you could be charging money for. I am totally addicted now. Orignally bought my stove just for some addtional heat and back up, but now i want to burn all the time and my goal is to stop the heat pump from coming on at all. Anyway i just want to thank all those inferno and pyro guys for all the info because every time you guys answer one guys question a number of other people read it and learn something. Thanks,

yes, it is... I wished I had found this site before I bought my stove. It would have saved me 3 years of head aches.

I have to agree with you, bigdaddyste, it is one awesome site.

LOL, the dealer I got my pellets from learned something new. The microwave test for moisture. They had never heard of it. Told them about this site and to check it out.

A BIG Thank You to everyone on here!!

welcome aboard, a lot of people here with loads of info and we all help each other out. I dont even remember how I found this site but I would be lost with out it.

bigdaddyste said:
Just want to say this is the best site ever.

Not sure what's the more addictive, this site or burning your own fuel.

One seems to lead to the other....... :)

I agree. As one who administers, develops, and supports very large forums I can say from my experience that this one is run right. Lightly moderated, focused on topic, and quick with help. Could use some improved forum software and a calmer front page but you can't have everything lol.

Great job.

Welcome to the forum bigdaddy....glad you can find all the info you need here. Now, how about some pics of your install.....that makes your membership "official" .... :lol: .

We LOVE pics!

Actually we are mostly prisoners in long term lock-up with little else to do but pretend to be pellet stove gurus.... visit our other site... www.fakerocketscientists.com ...

Here is a pic of my install.(12-4-2010) My brother and I installed it in 2 1/2 hours nothing fancy just wanted to get it burning. strait through the roof with the vent and no OAK. This stove did not require it and i had to put it on a interior wall so i didn't do one. So far it seems to be doing ok. I have gotten alot of cool ideas from this site to do some up grades this spring.(like a real hearth instead of a stove mat and paint the pipe black)

Attachments

• pellet stove 2.jpg
    pellet stove 2.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 327
Most common problem on the Winslow, proof of fire error. purchase a POF 140-20 switch and keep it as back up. Other than that, not much to worry about on that stove. If you have a dealer service it, make sure they have the diagnostic tool to reset the memory on the control board after each service. Lots of useful info that will keep that beauty running trouble free.

Once we get ya burnin 24/7 and buying tons upon tons of pellets you can be inducted to the pellet pig club of america or better known as the ppca,its great to be in the club,no annual fees or meetings to attend... just buy and burn ,membership is automatic.........lol

mtalea said:
Once we get ya burnin 24/7 and buying tons upon tons of pellets you can be inducted to the pellet pig club of america or better known as the ppca,its great to be in the club,no annual fees or meetings to attend... just buy and burn ,membership is automatic.........lol

Wrong, you must remit your dues to imacman the CML (Chief Money Launderer) of the club, something about brews and administrative overhead.

Hmmm I guess my dues are over due but then again I can not contribute to the habits of others.hehe

was that comment direct to me smokey, And yes bigdaddy....welcome !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.