best stove under $2000

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to ad a new line of pellet stoves to our shop any one have any experiance with any pellet stoves under or around 2000

I'm not a dealer/shop, but would suggest the Heatilator EcoChoice line

Why not try for Wiseway...handy when the power is off and gives off heat like a regular woodstove?

Attachments

• 00505_bL3y5CbbosF_600x450.jpg
    00505_bL3y5CbbosF_600x450.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 236
Talk to Bob at;
http://fireflamestoves.com/default.htm
I see he now has the new model that we sell here in Australia on his website.
We have sold over 200 here this year with very few problems.
It looks like Bob is not selling them as multi-fuel but with a little bit of tweaking they run fine on straight corn, wheat, etc.
I have imported Bob's stoves in the past and he is using my flue design (I assume) on the new stoves. I do not have any connection with how he operates in the US and gain no benefit from his sales.
Great little workhorse stove.
My Whitfield is getting on in it's life cycle so I am always looking at what is available in case I have to replace it. It did not say the hopper capacity, do you know? Are they made in SC?

Why not try for Wiseway...handy when the power is off and gives off heat like a regular woodstove?
Now that is a strange looking contraption. I have alternative power capability so when the grid goes down I am okay for a while but this product looks interesting. Anybody here have real life experience? How much are they, can't seem to find a price.

I've seen them listed for $1799-$2100, but I believe the pricing fluctuations are based on geography. Do a search on here and you should find some reviews, I've come across some here and there.
There is a new model that is supposed to incorporate tweaks and upgrades based on customer feedback over the past few years from my understanding.

To the OP, what about Englander? It's one of very few stoves in that price range and very reliable.

I've seen them listed for $1799-$2100, but I believe the pricing fluctuations are based on geography. Do a search on here and you should find some reviews, I've come across some here and there.
There is a new model that is supposed to incorporate tweaks and upgrades based on customer feedback over the past few years from my understanding.

To the OP, what about Englander? It's one of very few stoves in that price range and very reliable.
It seems like this maybe the only option I find

We have a Heatilator PS-35 in the basement that runs nicely. Its simple to use and service. I think new they go for $1700ish

New to this forum,I have a drolet Echo 45 been using it now for 4 years,I am from Northern Ontario,was heating with electricity,but at 700.00 per month,I could not see this going on much further.Picked this pellet stove up for 1,300.00 and installed it myself,to code,and bought the wall incert flange,and had only one problem in four years,a pellet got jammed in the auger.I clean it throughly every week.Happy to have stumbled apon this forum,very useful,and actually found a place on line to purchase parts,when needed.They (hardware stores) around here,want my one and only leg,for parts.

Another vote for the Drolet Eco 45. We picked ours up used last February, and heated the entire house with it from the time we fired it up. Total workhorse, easy to run and maintain. We added a t-stat this fall, and that has reduced our heating cost even more. Looking forward to a full winter with it! I'm only putting in a half tank of oil as 'backup', just in case we have a breakdown and need backup for a few days while we wait for a part to come in.

The Drolet stoves Eco 45 and Eco 65 seem to be a decent stove. With our dollar lower than yours, it will lower your cost per unit. They had a few hiccups with the 65 but haven't seen any major issues. The Eco 65 also has an optional ducting capability off the top - if it's a basement dweller, it can feed the upstairs ducts.

We looked at the Eco 65 but since the stove was going in our living room, we wanted a good looking stove not just a black box...

If your interested in checking out your options:
http://www.drolet.ca/en/service-support/become-drolet-a-dealer

Another vote for the Drolet Eco 45. We picked ours up used last February, and heated the entire house with it from the time we fired it up. Total workhorse, easy to run and maintain. We added a t-stat this fall, and that has reduced our heating cost even more. Looking forward to a full winter with it! I'm only putting in a half tank of oil as 'backup', just in case we have a breakdown and need backup for a few days while we wait for a part to come in.
I don't know much about oil but with the price of gas I am keeping my 1000 gallon propane tank full even though I use only 300 gallons per year. If oil does not go bad it would probably be a good idea to fill it for future use, I don't think it is going to get any cheaper.

No,just as home heating fuels are needed,at least here,it's gold! 1.37 per liter in furnace oil,and over 1000 canadian plus,to fill a 200 gallon tank,which my only back up is electric baseboard heaters.I avoid this as much as possible,as hydro here ain't cheep,and on the rise again,almost want to sell home,and rent,but even rent has sky rocketed,as the mines have picked up around here.

Talk to Bob at;
http://fireflamestoves.com/default.htm
I see he now has the new model that we sell here in Australia on his website.
We have sold over 200 here this year with very few problems.
It looks like Bob is not selling them as multi-fuel but with a little bit of tweaking they run fine on straight corn, wheat, etc.
I have imported Bob's stoves in the past and he is using my flue design (I assume) on the new stoves. I do not have any connection with how he operates in the US and gain no benefit from his sales.
Great little workhorse stove.
Dang, a 5" exhaust? Maybe I am reading the website wrong? I like the little stove though.

So if I have a thimble with the separate OAK set up already, I could use that instead? I'm looking to buy a small stove for my living area to supplement the Harman in the basement (weird airflow - don't even ask everything I've tried).

So if I have a thimble with the separate OAK set up already, I could use that instead? I'm looking to buy a small stove for my living area to supplement the Harman in the basement (weird airflow - don't even ask everything I've tried).
chickenman is correct that it depends on the height of the thimble - so how high up off the floor is the existing exhaust thimble?

The cl of the exhaust thimble is at 21.5" - the (short lived) stove that was previously there was at 13.5. I probably wouldn't buy a BlueRidge just because I am not all that handy electrically, so it would be really nice to have dealer support if there are any issues. But, am mildly interested just because it is the type of product I am in the market for.

Status
Not open for further replies.