Best Value Saw?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, now I get it.

I just cut what must be a face cord.... Or a little more, maybe a cord not sure....

But I'm tired. I had no idea how tiring this process could be! Mostly from moving the wood around, but still....

I put a 16" bar on the 5100 and it went through everything like butter. It cuts so easy, I could see how one might get tempted into doing things that aren't as safe as they could be.

Love the saw.

Glad you like the saw. Did you keep the chain at 3/8 or go to 325? I got mine 5100 with a 18 inch bar and 3/8 chain out of the box and its great for what I cut with it.

It does get one tired when there is only one to do the cutting and moving and all the work huh?

One suggestion if you don't have them, I cut wood for close to 20 years without chaps. Now they go on before I start the saw. Just a safety thing.

Shipper

Shipper50 said:
Glad you like the saw. Did you keep the chain at 3/8 or go to 325? I got mine 5100 with a 18 inch bar and 3/8 chain out of the box and its great for what I cut with it.

It does get one tired when there is only one to do the cutting and moving and all the work huh?

One suggestion if you don't have them, I cut wood for close to 20 years without chaps. Now they go on before I start the saw. Just a safety thing.

Shipper

Thanks Shipper.

I got a 16" bar that runs a 3/8 chain and it was great. Compared to my old mans 50cc homelight.... it was night and day....

Chaps....

I cut without them today.... Stupid really. My father in law is an arborist, and he has two pair that he doesn't use anymore and is bringing them from Europe for me in September..... I just figured I'd wait it out.... Typical way an accident starts.

I did buy the Husqvarna pro forest helmet, and into my 5th or 6th cut a 3 inch wood splinter wacked me right in the screen. Happy I had that thing on.

I've got the gloves, the steel toed the helmet muffs etc....

Just need the chaps now.

Status
Not open for further replies.