Best website for pellet stove venting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tdidona

Oct 31, 2010
Danbury, CT
Can anyone recommend a good website where I can look into purchasing some new pellet stove venting? I know there are many quality brands, but what is a good, affordable brand I should look into? Thanks in advance.

Call Eric at Kinsman stoves www.kinsmanstoves.com or another good place is www.dynamitebuys.com

Both places are very good to work with. Try Eric first....he is a Hearth.com member, and will give a discount if you tell him your on the forum. Call him at the Brookfield store.

like mac, i also recommend dynamitebuys.com, call Sean, he's VERY friendly and customer-oriented person, his prices are GREAT including shipping, hands down on customer service, personal experience and i recommend 100% ...!!

From personally installing Excel pipe on both my stoves after a fiasco with DuraVent PelletVent, and hearing the problems with other pipe, I would recommend you go with Excel pipe. If you are not sure personally inspect their pipe at a dealer along with the DuraVent products. I am sure you will like the quality and the thick replaceable seal on the Excel.

Though it is expensive pipe you get a great warranty and can tap your dealer for installation advice.

dac122 said:
From personally installing Excel pipe on both my stoves after a fiasco with DuraVent PelletVent, and hearing the problems with other pipe, I would recommend you go with Excel pipe. If you are not sure personally inspect their pipe at a dealer along with the DuraVent products. I am sure you will like the quality and the thick replaceable seal on the Excel.

Though it is expensive pipe you get a great warranty and can tap your dealer for installation advice.

How much more expensive is the Excel Pellet than the Pellet-Vent Pro? Assuming a 4" PVP T is about $75.

Dynamitebuys is where i got mine. They were better priced than pelletvent.com and came highly reccomended on the forum. ALthough pelletvent.com is good too.

richkorn said:
dac122 said:

How much more expensive is the Excel Pellet than the Pellet-Vent Pro? Assuming a 4" PVP T is about $75.

When I had to rip out my Duravent PelletVent, I compared 3" and 4" PVP and Excel. The price difference was very close. After checking out the PVP at a local dealer I wasn't that impressed with the product, and since I was familiar with the Excel I went that route.

dac122 said:
richkorn said:
dac122 said:

When I had to rip out my Duravent PelletVent, I compared 3" and 4" PVP and Excel. The price difference was very close. After checking out the PVP at a local dealer I wasn't that impressed with the product, and since I was familiar with the Excel I went that route.

Cool thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.