Best wood splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood spliter

Jan 8, 2010
Long Island, ny
I helped out my neighbor with some good scrounging leeds. I came home today and his log splitter was at my house. I'm a sledge and wedge guy but that was a nice treat.

wood spliter said:
I helped out my neighbor with some good scrounging leeds. I came home today and his log splitter was at my house. I'm a sledge and wedge guy but that was a nice treat.

Spliter had to be nice for a change, I had a friend that use to split all his wood and when I helped I hated it even though it's good exercise.

zap

If the wood is easy splittin, I can split with a maul faster than my splitter for the first hour. After that, the hydraulics wins. I have a MTD 20 ton with a 5 HP. I run it just above an idle and nothing stops it, amazing. Once you go hydo you never go back.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.