1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Best Woodstove vacuum for the money?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by JPapiPE, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    South-West hills of Maine, Red Neck Country
    I think I will be investing in a woodstove vacuum in the not too distant future. Can anyone give me some advice on this subject?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    I just bought my first one today, the Cougar model MU405 and I have to admit that it appears to be a good quality ash vacuum. If you do a search in these forums, you'll see that many members have this model and have no complaints.

You can check it out here.

Steve
  3. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    How much did the vac set you back?
    Thanks Joe
  4. Shortstuff

Shortstuff Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Southeastern MA
    I bought it where I bought my stove and it was $249.00 plus tax, but I"ve seen them online a little less.

Also, somebody recently sold one on Ebay for I think it was $50.00, but I just missed it. :(

Steve
  5. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    Do not waste your money. Use a regular shop vac.

Eric
  6. JPapiPE

JPapiPE New Member

Loc:
    I do have a nice shop vac. It has a 20 gallon stainless steel tank and a filter you never have to replace(only wash out). It is a Pullman- Holt and cost $600 ...20 years ago. It has a rubber hose, but I did upgrade to nicer fittings. I don't use it for much these days, so perhaps I'll put it into use cleaning ashes this winter. Maybe even paint it black. I did buy a top of the line sears vac a couple of years ago, which consumer reports said was equal or better than an Electrolux and I use this vac for my rugs and other house hold stuff. I still have a year left on the 3 year unconditional warranty, so maybe I should use this vac instead. Just kidding, this vac has a paper bag to collect stuff unless i want to pay $12 for 2 cloth Hepa bags.
    Thanks for the feed back, joe
  7. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    i have the loveless base model i like it a bunch , but i do have to say a shop vack with the accordian type filter does just fine with a much lower cost
  8. packerfan

packerfan Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    frozen tundra
    I just use a shop vac with a filter, which seems to work pretty good for my pellet stove. Just make sure you use the filter, or from what I have read here it will fry your motor in no time at all.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.