Best Woodstove vacuum for the money?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought my first one today, the Cougar model MU405 and I have to admit that it appears to be a good quality ash vacuum. If you do a search in these forums, you'll see that many members have this model and have no complaints.

You can check it out here.

Steve

I bought it where I bought my stove and it was $249.00 plus tax, but I"ve seen them online a little less.

Also, somebody recently sold one on Ebay for I think it was $50.00, but I just missed it. :(

Steve

Do not waste your money. Use a regular shop vac.

Eric

I do have a nice shop vac. It has a 20 gallon stainless steel tank and a filter you never have to replace(only wash out). It is a Pullman- Holt and cost $600 ...20 years ago. It has a rubber hose, but I did upgrade to nicer fittings. I don't use it for much these days, so perhaps I'll put it into use cleaning ashes this winter. Maybe even paint it black. I did buy a top of the line sears vac a couple of years ago, which consumer reports said was equal or better than an Electrolux and I use this vac for my rugs and other house hold stuff. I still have a year left on the 3 year unconditional warranty, so maybe I should use this vac instead. Just kidding, this vac has a paper bag to collect stuff unless i want to pay $12 for 2 cloth Hepa bags.
Thanks for the feed back, joe

Status
Not open for further replies.