best year ever for scrounge (pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyCity

Feeling the Heat
Mar 6, 2011
Western Pa
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~thoffman/misc/hearth.com/

1.jpg is elevated view of accumulated scrounge - totaling at least 10 cords

2.wmv is a little video clip of my general inspecting the troops

This year has been my most fortunate ever. Many people asking me to come pick up wood or help them drop trees. So far all have been bone dry hardwood. Even the trees I cut down were dead for a couple years and were very dry.

I wish I could do as well looking for a local source fo anthracite coal.

"Stihl the one"... MS-261

Reactions: ironspider
1.jpg

this is the picture , makes it a little easier for everyone , I hope smokeycity doesn't mind I did this for him

Last edited:
1.jpg

this is the picture , makes it a little easier for everyone , hope u don't mind me doing this for you

Why would we mind. There is a function on the board that allows us to post pics and we all post a lot of them.

I wish my yard looked like that!

Congrats man.

Not me. If my yard looked like that, I think my wife would kill me. When I first started scrounging wood three years ago, I had some large piles on the side of the house and I got the "I think you have enough wood" said to me. Now, I get away with having those piles there, but the other day she said to me, "It feels like this stuff will never get stacked."

Reactions: STIHLY DAN
Not me. If my yard looked like that, I think my wife would kill me. When I first started scrounging wood three years ago, I had some large piles on the side of the house and I got the "I think you have enough wood" said to me. Now, I get away with having those piles there, but the other day she said to me, "It feels like this stuff will never get stacked."
Yeah me too, I'd love the wood but would have to make it SA.

This is what my wood stacks look like at the moment. Took them the other day to post them on another chatboard, and my son who had been helping me stack insisted on being in all of them.

Tomorrow I am going to work on getting the knocked over stacks of white oak stacked under the deck for this winter and the green split stuff stacked where that was. Probably need more stacks.

Attachments

• photo 8.JPG
    photo 8.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 167
  • photo 9.JPG
    photo 9.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 159
  • photo 10.JPG
    photo 10.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 178
  • photo 11.JPG
    photo 11.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 182
  • photo 12.JPG
    photo 12.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 155
smokecity... that is a very cute avatar and oh yeah nice stacks too!

Nice stacks! Word on the street is you're onna need 'em up there this year!

Status
Not open for further replies.