Bet he was looking for a rest stop .

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PapaDave has it right. I hope he got straightened out.

The truck with the dash cam was also going way too fast. Like ususal, it takes two mistakes for an accident.

The truck with the dash cam was also going way too fast. Like ususal, it takes two mistakes for an accident.

How fast do you think he was going? Looks like the driver going north bound was just enjoying his day behind the wheel.
Speed limit in that area of the province, I believe, is either 80 or 90 K. Someone else can jump in and correct this if I am wrong. It also has the distinction of having one of the longest hills and having the steepest grade in Ontario.

Semi Truck Accident January 4, 2014 - YouTube_files

Published on Jan 26, 2014

Semi driver pushed off the road on Ontario Highway 11. Yes he was carrying a full load, no he was not driving to fast for the conditions, yes the on coming semi was in the wrong lane passing a snow plow on a double solid line going uphill and heading into a curve while carrying a dangerous load (that is what the sign on the trailer shows).
A huge Thank You to all of you that have showed your support to my husband and our family!!! We will never meet you but are so thankful for you.Physically my husband is okay but his semi suffered a lot of damage. He avoided the other truck by inches. We are still looking for the other driver and appreciate all the eyes out there on the road. We are praying that they will step up on their own and accept responsibilty. Cheers to all!

Last edited:
How fast do you think he was going? Looks like the driver going north bound was just enjoying his day behind the wheel.
Speed limit in that area of the province, I believe, is either 80 or 90 K. Someone else can jump in and correct this if I am wrong. It also has the distinction of having one of the longest hills and having the steepest grade in Ontario.

Semi Truck Accident January 4, 2014 - YouTube_files

Published on Jan 26, 2014

Semi driver pushed off the road on Ontario Highway 11. Yes he was carrying a full load, no he was not driving to fast for the conditions, yes the on coming semi was in the wrong lane passing a snow plow on a double solid line going uphill and heading into a curve while carrying a dangerous load (that is what the sign on the trailer shows).
A huge Thank You to all of you that have showed your support to my husband and our family!!! We will never meet you but are so thankful for you.Physically my husband is okay but his semi suffered a lot of damage. He avoided the other truck by inches. We are still looking for the other driver and appreciate all the eyes out there on the road. We are praying that they will step up on their own and accept responsibilty. Cheers to all!

A driver needs to adjust their speed depending on the conditions. If the road wasn't snow covered would he have been able to stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.