Bet you have never heard this one before!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
Here goes!
I have a rattlesnake skin that has no rattles or head; otherwise, it's complete. It has been skinned in the typical fashion...that is, split down the belly, and then "unwrapped" from the body. Over the years (since the rattler donated the hide) it has become brittle and fragile.

The advice I'm looking for is this. What type of common household product can I use to soften up the skin? Is vegetable oil ok? Thanks to any and all responses.

Thanks, it looks like a few different options. Only thing is, the skin was "tanned" years ago-how many, I don't know. So it looks like either anti-freeze (never heard that one) or neats-foot oil.

Thought I had the forum stumped on this one...!

yooperdave said:
Thanks, it looks like a few different options. Only thing is, the skin was "tanned" years ago-how many, I don't know. So it looks like either anti-freeze (never heard that one) or neats-foot oil.

You did...But only for 24 minues!! %-P

yooperdave said:

Power of the internet (google search) can never be stumped?

gzecc said:
yooperdave said:

But it may take a long time . . . I finally gave up on my search to find a video that I saw on TV of a guy walking around wearing a cat costume in his bedroom . . . don't ask . . . it's a long story. :)

firefighterjake said:
gzecc said:
yooperdave said:

But it may take a long time . . . I finally gave up on my search to find a video that I saw on TV of a guy walking around wearing a cat costume in his bedroom . . . don't ask . . . it's a long story. :)

+1

A lot of trash comes up in the SERPs a lot of ranking games and Google trying to weed out stuff.

It just doesn't work a lot of the time.

I think you're on the wrong forum for snake oil...

Status
Not open for further replies.