Better safe than sorry!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

raybonz

Minister of Fire
Feb 5, 2008
Carver, MA.
Been watching the info on Sandy and read that we could get wind gusts up to 75 MPH and decided to roll up and secure the tarps on the wood shelter and bring enough wood in just in case we need it. My 26 year old daughter actually did 99% of the work due to a recent right knee repair ladders aren't allowed for a while and stairs are tough when carrying firewood. Aimee isn't your stereo typical CPA in that she does mountain and rock climbing and is the girl scout leader in my town and even was selected to go to Texas to attend the girl scout elections fully paid! My wife and kids have been a huge help since my knee was repaired :)
Attached 2 pics as I know how we all love pics! ;)

Ray

Attachments

• IMG_4234 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4234 (Medium).JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_4235 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4235 (Medium).JPG
    136.1 KB · Views: 187
Been watching the info on Sandy and read that we could get wind gusts up to 75 MPH and decided to roll up and secure the tarps on the wood shelter and bring enough wood in just in case we need it. My 26 year old daughter actually did 99% of the work due to a recent right knee repair ladders aren't allowed for a while and stairs are tough when carrying firewood. Aimee isn't your stereo typical CPA in that she does mountain and rock climbing and is the girl scout leader in my town and even was selected to go to Texas to attend the girl scout elections fully paid! My wife and kids have been a huge help since my knee was repaired :)
Attached 2 pics as I know how we all love pics! ;)

Ray
know Carver well...my nanna had a cottage on crystal lake in the 60's

kudos to your daughter for not being afraid to break her nails, my kind of girl.

Reactions: raybonz
know Carver well...my nanna had a cottage on crystal lake in the 60's

kudos to your daughter for not being afraid to break her nails, my kind of girl.
Aimee is a can do person who stands 5'-3" and weighs 100 lbs. dripping wet but the words "can't be done" doesn't exist in her thought process! Crystal lake is around the corner from me as I live on Holmes St.

Ray

Aimee is a can do person who stands 5'-3" and weighs 100 lbs. dripping wet but the words "can't be done" doesn't exist in her thought process!
Can you ask if she would be available to help me move a Buck 91? ;lol Seriously, it's good that you have the support of a great family. Batten down the hatches and hold down the fort! I hope you guys emerge with no major problems...

Can you ask if she would be available to help me move a Buck 91? ;lol Seriously, it's good that you have the support of a great family. Batten down the hatches and hold down the fort! I hope you guys emerge with no major problems...
Thanx Woody! Aimee would probably do just that! Always has been the giving type of person..

Ray

kids and dogs....gotta love em. great that she's still near and can help you if needed. ours have pretty much moved away and are spread to california, delaware, michigan, montana, north carolina and virginia. closest is at least an hour away in va. enjoy her while you still can. those times may soon be a lot shorter than you think. good luck with the storm, my brother is just over the western border near pittsfield and his area was really hit by raging streams and rivers from the last hurricane that pushed through.

cass

kids and dogs....gotta love em. great that she's still near and can help you if needed. ours have pretty much moved away and are spread to california, delaware, michigan, montana, north carolina and virginia. closest is at least an hour away in va. enjoy her while you still can. those times may soon be a lot shorter than you think. good luck with the storm, my brother is just over the western border near pittsfield and his area was really hit by raging streams and rivers from the last hurricane that pushed through.

cass
Thanx Cass! Aimee lives about 45 minutes from here and stayed over due to girl scout and other obligations. She almost has her Master's degree in accounting and finance plus has passed her CPA exams but I am most proud in her giving spirit! She gets that from her Mom as do all of my kids (I have 5). Aimee is quite a bit like me in several ways and probably will be a wood burner some day lol :)

Ray

I was wondering what you were going to do about those tarps after I saw the forecast, what did you have done to your knee Ray?

I was wondering what you were going to do about those tarps after I saw the forecast, what did you have done to your knee Ray?
Arthroscopic surgery for "loose bodies" and torn meniscus.. Back to work on Monday.. I am restricted from ladders for a while and kneeling does not feel good (found that out yesterday lol).. Stairs are getting better every day :)

Ray

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice to have the family jump in & help when needed. Good team work ;)

Hoping the storm is more "hype" than action, but better to prepare for the worst.
Good luck
Get well

Ray and I have talked several times and I am continually amazed at his family. Maybe his wife did the raising of the kids. Ray can get a bit wild at times. ;lol Of course Ray knows I'm just kidding him. He and I are good friends.

Ray and I have talked several times and I am continually amazed at his family. Maybe his wife did the raising of the kids. Ray can get a bit wild at times. ;lol Of course Ray knows I'm just kidding him. He and I are good friends.
Ditto Dennis!

Ray

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Good to hear you are on the mend. I will stay off ladders for the next few days too.;) Be well through this storm.

Good to hear you are on the mend. I will stay off ladders for the next few days too.;) Be well through this storm.
Thanx Jon! Every day makes a difference..

Ray

Arthroscopic surgery for "loose bodies" and torn meniscus.. Back to work on Monday.. I am restricted from ladders for a while and kneeling does not feel good (found that out yesterday lol).. Stairs are getting better every day :)

Ray
Kids are a product of thier parents....and you and the Wife have obviously done well. I had 2 Inboard Miniscus operations on the same knee within 3 months.....it takes a little longer to heal when we get older.....be patient

Kids are a product of thier parents....and you and the Wife have obviously done well. I had 2 Inboard Miniscus operations on the same knee within 3 months.....it takes a little longer to heal when we get older.....be patient
Thanx BB very nice to hear that and I hope your knee heals soon! Hard for me to be a patient patient though and my wife is an RN lol..

Ray

Glad that your daughter was there to help you out...good to have family close to help out. Very giving people are a blessing and far too much in the minority these days.... Hope the knee heals up soon...

Glad that your daughter was there to help you out...good to have family close to help out. Very giving people are a blessing and far too much in the minority these days.... Hope the knee heals up soon...
Thanks S&F the kids get that from the wife and I value those who give of their time and not expect anything in return as that is the true spirit of giving! Aimee gives lots of time and effort to the girl scouts just to give back and ensure they had fun like she did..
The knee is improving daily and the range of motion too. Time will take care of it..

Ray

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
Status
Not open for further replies.