BG, are you still here?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the second person to ask that. It was a big mudslide for sure. Fortunately that was no where near where I live, different island and our house is not on a bluff. There are 50 islands in Puget sound. Whidbey is smack dab in the middle of the convergence zone and sees easily 2-3 times the rainfall we do. That makes for slippery slopes.

Reactions: Pallet Pete
That would be the Mulkiteo-Clinton ferry. It's a big island, the largest in Puget Sound. There are several towns on it and an naval air station. The most charming town is Coupeville which is near where the mudslide happened.

Wow, prayers to those out there that lost their homes. Was anyone hurt? I saw those mudslides on the news.......it's hard to fathom the forces of nature in something like that.......

Fortunately no one was injured. Had this been mid-summer when the beach homes are fully occupied it could have ended up a serious tragedy. Here's a before and after shot that shows how big this slide was.

130327_whidbey_slide_before_after.jpg

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...whose-homes-will-be-condemned--200470711.html

Reactions: Pallet Pete
Wow. !!!

Yes, that one two story white house at the bottom seems very lucky to still be there.

Along the top, 6th house from the left, he had a green/blue roof and now the roof is laying upside down at the cliff's edge? Probably not but the houses remained intact mostly. Really couldn't have planned it much better.

You build your home at the edge of a cliff that was born from slides like this happening, well, you have a nice view. Most of the flat land near my home was created by a huge mud flow from the mountain. I shouldn't be too surpised to find another muflow.

Green blue roof guy is still there. Go to the KOMO linked site for lots more pictures.

Been to Bainbridge, lovely island and have been to San Juan. So beautiful that if it had just 60 more days of sun I would be there in a heartbeat. Had an Aunt on Whitby for a while but never visited

Status
Not open for further replies.