Biasi 3Wood Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The New Yorkers and their forced drafts are funky. So you have a lot of fire as you're burning wood like crazy but not getting much heat?

I have H/WBB, 5 zones; one for indirect H/W. I made a ruff sketch of the install and am going to scan and upload it tonight. One thing I thought would help but I'm not sure how to do it outside of installing strap on aquastats on every zone. If I turn of my oil burner and a zone calls regardless of the heat being there or not the circulators start, which basically starts pumping warm/cold water through my house until of course the domestic h/w zone calls and then for a little while it acts as storage. So by morning I have three zones pumping cold water through the house.

It's ruff but hopefully helpful

Attachments

• boiler.jpg
    boiler.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 669
I basically did the aquastat on the DHW to prevent it from being storage so that I can have a hot shower in the AM. That smith is a pretty good sized chunk of cast iron to heat up so it will have a hard time catching up if it has to heat that and all the water in the zones at the same time. I've been thinking of doing that aquastat for each zone idea because then you can prioritize zones so that they will kick on a different temperatures. That way you wont have everything to heat up at once it will be more gradual from a cold start. Its also kind of expensive though. You could just put on an aquastat on that will power up your switching relay for the circs when hot. That would work too. Probably put it right above the smith. Otherwise looks like the same setup ive got except for the distance between boilers.

howdy i had similar problems with a trianco coal boiler twinned in with my peerless oil boiler on a long run of pipe about 70 feet . insulation helped alot . all in all it was a test before i built my 3 flue chimney to locate my 3 boilers in the same area. the coal boiler took a long time to heat up all that extra water and another problem is a boiler turns into a radiater if its connected in series. i was hoping for some positive feedback on the biasi i like the b-10 oil boilers i installed mine last year and noticed a nice drop in oil consumption. maybe they have dropped the ball on the 3wood. maybe i have to get some plate and fire up the welder to replace my itaska wb410 cause that thing burns a ton of wood too

I was talking with a guy today and he suggested moving my H/W to the priority zone. If he was accurate it will cut out the other zones until my hot water is satisfied, ending my hot water tank being storage. Of course the best part of the idea is it won't cost me any more money to try it!!! I am going to change over the next couple of days, I'll post my results. Happy New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.