Bic Ball Point Pen Found in Pellet Bag - Hoping there was no cap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

clkoontz3

Nov 5, 2013
Maryland
Getting off to a great start with my new Harman Accentra - (New to pellets). I really like this stove.

My pellet shipment is set to arrive this Friday so I picked up a few bags of the same brand to get me through this week. While pouring in the 1st bag of that batch I found a blue Bic pen mixed right in the bag of (from my research...a premium brand).

Bummer. I checked for the cap and found nothing. I guess I will be checking my fuel more carefully.

On another note - All the info on this site has been great. It helped in my decision to go with the Harman. I grew up with a Vermont Castings wood stove insert. It has been fun learning the pellet game and I cant wait for the really cold weather!!!

-Chip

The guys here say a Harman will burn anything in a bag. ;lol

What brand of pellet gave the free Bic pen?

it could have been a roll of 100's

Pics or it didn't happen..
err is that for another thread?

Maybe they are like Cracker Jacks and next time you'll get some stick on tattoos or something.....

in for the brand!

Contact the Pellet Maker and see if you get a refund or discount towards another purchase. Just like finding an empty soda can in a sealed case or finding a bug in your food. Haha. Just Kidding!

Wasn't someone missing a finger or two last spring? That would have me concerned!

Called the company. They were very nice and apologized for the pen. She also said she would pass the info along to the plant.
Not meant to bash the brand because they really burn well! :) You asked - (it was Lignetics - Green Letters)

Reactions: briansol
Status
Not open for further replies.