Big ash is down, picked the first load up tonight!(added pics 3/30)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hiram Maxim said:
What tree service did you use?
I may need to replace my current guy.

Nice score!

Cheers,Hiram

Saturday I asked my uncle who he used. He's in Imlay City and said the guy was local, it was Weingartz tree service. I guess he's some relation to Weingartz in Utica.

rdust said:
Hiram Maxim said:
What tree service did you use?
I may need to replace my current guy.

Nice score!

Cheers,Hiram

Saturday I asked my uncle who he used. He's in Imlay City and said the guy was local, it was Weingartz tree service. I guess he's some relation to Weingartz in Utica.

My Cousin works for Weingartz in Waterford...(sales)

I didnt know they did tree service stuff as well. interesting!

The guy my neighbors use seems to have dropped off the planet. He was ex+ on service and price. I have an old cherry tree that is going to either drop or need to be dropped next Winter. Thanks for the info.

Thanks, Hiram :cheese:

I finished moving the wood to my place on Saturday, I haven't had time to put up pictures so here they are. I made 4 trips and think I'll end up with at least 3 cords and probably more. Some of it was a nasty/knotty/twisted mess and those pieces will end up in the outside burn pile. A lot of work for some "free" wood. :lol:

Second load
0323101950a.jpg

Third load
P3260002.jpg

Last load
P3270012.jpg

P3270014.jpg

Trunk, some of the slices will make shorties, others I'll have to re-cut
P3270006.jpg

On the splitter
P3270008.jpg

P3270011.jpg

Great pics of some great firewood.. Your neighbors house for sale doesn't have anything to do with your wood burning does it? LOL Looks like a place I'd want to live!!

Ray

I have a 2 in. ball in the bed of trailer and another one on the back leaves more room for wood.

smokinjay said:
I have a 2 in. ball in the bed of trailer and another one on the back leaves more room for wood.

I've thought about doing that but don't like towing the splitter long distances, this was about a 40 mile round trip.

raybonz said:
Great pics of some great firewood.. Your neighbors house for sale doesn't have anything to do with your wood burning does it? LOL Looks like a place I'd want to live!!

Ray

The tree came from my uncles house so the pictures are of his street and neighbors, it's really a nice, small town.

rdust said:
smokinjay said:

I've thought about doing that but don't like towing the splitter long distances, this was about a 40 mile round trip.

raybonz said:

Ray

The tree came from my uncles house so the pictures are of his street and neighbors, it's really a nice, small town.

I ride it on the trailer on the way there and when loaded I slow down anyways so it works out good.

Status
Not open for further replies.