big boxes are clearing out inventory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HD near me has 127 tons. All FSU's Next closest 163. No need to panic.

Stopped at the depot yesterday to grab some warm weather pellets and found none at all. Spring stuff coming out there too. I'll check blowe's tonight.
I called around rhode island they have a shipment coming this week at least thats what they told me

Have at it boys. None of that garbage is going near my stove anymore if I can help it
I don't care how low the price is.

My lowes just got in 15 tons of presto-logs and 15 tons of cheat river, I was told that's it for the year the price went down from $209 a ton to $198.00.....the way I see it 30 tons won't last the month of February. HD has 10 ton of chow for the rest of the season. Everybody is setting up for spring and it was 18deg yesterday.. I was at Wally world yesterday and they have 24 tons of penningtons sitting in the LG department that arrived last week, never seen that before.

They have a hard game to play. I can't remember the year but it was five or six years ago when we were having a mild winter and HD tossed everything on clearance in the middle of January. And two weeks later all hell broke loose in the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. After all of their stuff was gone for chump change.

A good bit of it was in my basement.

Ironic, i just got an Email from Robbie with 3 Delivery's haha

Yep.. Lowes near me is getting a GT shipment (Never had them before, but I emailed Robbie awhile ago and begged and pleaded!!)

So some GT's are headed to this Homefront. Plus, one of my ATV's is gonna be leavin the stable (sellin to a friend) I can see that p-43 already ;)

I called around rhode island they have a shipment coming this week at least thats what they told me

Did they mention from whom? I hope not more inferiors or green supremes!

I got an email from Robbie, more GT's on the way to my local Lowes next week.

As per BB's mention of the HD website, I did a web check in my area.

In a radius of 17 miles, there are 6 HD's....they have a total of 288 tons on hand.

Lowes doesn't list them like that.

I've found that you can check inventory online for Lowes. I had a local Lowes set up as my default store. When I went to the pellet listing online, I clicked "change store" and it drew up a box that had the number of bags available at each of the local stores. Should I let my fellow pellet porkers know there are 2,589 bags in New Haven?

I've found that you can check inventory online for Lowes. I had a local Lowes set up as my default store. When I went to the pellet listing online, I clicked "change store" and it drew up a box that had the number of bags available at each of the local stores. Should I let my fellow pellet porkers know there are 2,589 bags in New Haven?

good tip on changing stores that works. thanks

What the heck? I am down to five bags at the house. What am I to do?

Eric

Space is a premium and they must be feeling a need for more room for spring stock.

I was speaking to Karen from Somerset in an email and she says there's a shipment going to Lowes in Shippensburg PA for those near there.

I just might try that, I will look on Lowes, Home Depot, and TSC websites. Thanks

Reactions: DexterDay
Do they "really" know what they are talking about? Should I ask for seasonal or lumber? I would think lumber cause wood is wood right?

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.