big boxes are clearing out inventory

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somersets over $300 a ton!!! Never....

Hell, I try to only pay $175 a ton. My Do-it-Best has them for $215 and I wont pay it :)

Somersets are a GREAT pellet. For $175!! ;)

Good advice. Somersets-Greenways-AWF and Pres to logs(just to name a few). Are good bang for the buck boxstore pellets.

Raise the price and you could probably find a comprable pellet for less at the local pellet house. not to mention they need our support if you want to keep that option available. And they have pellets all season long, Not just when they feel like it!
I agree with buying from the local pellet house but our local dealers cater to the people whom buy stoves from them and all others stand in line.:(

Somersets over $300 a ton!!! Never....

Hell, I try to only pay $175 a ton. My Do-it-Best has them for $215 and I wont pay it :)

Somersets are a GREAT pellet. For $175!! ;)
the best price on Somersets in our area are $219.00 a ton, Do it best has them for $249. That's one of the setbacks living in upstate NY, everything is more expensive

I agree with buying from the local pellet house but our local dealers cater to the people whom buy stoves from them and all others stand in line.:(

We have stove dealers that do that in our area. The pellet houses I speak of only sell pellets(one does sell Englander stoves). They sell pellets to whom ever walks through the door.

The stove shops prices are not pretty and what they sell they think are gold. I wouldn't want them anyway. :(

Reactions: briansol

But that's not necessarily a bad thing if you're the guy who bought from the dealer and pellets are in short supply.

went to lowes yesterday picked up a ton of summersets for 188. didnt pay atention on how manny tons they had left

If the below freezing days keep going, I will need to restock the shed before winter is over!
When I logged into the bLowes website, I cannot see inventory levels.
Homo Depot give me the inventory level without logging in.

Bill

If the below freezing days keep going, I will need to restock the shed before winter is over!
When I logged into the bLowes website, I cannot see inventory levels.
Homo Depot give me the inventory level without logging in.

Bill
Go to the lowes web site and click on the wood pellets then on the right go to change store location and it will tell you there inventory. I just found this out through another member

of course, your local pellet retailer probably still has stock....you know, the retailer who supports his local area and economy, with helpful advice you cant get at the big boxes.....who hires local folks......the same good-looking, savoie-faire guy....Im sure he will help you out! ==c Ive heard that in certain circles, going to your local non-bigbox pellet retailer is akin to going to a Chippendales' convention, just locally....eh, thats what i heard anyhow.....

of course, your local pellet retailer probably still has stock....you know, the retailer who supports his local area and economy, with helpful advice you cant get at the big boxes.....who hires local folks......the same good-looking, savoie-faire guy....Im sure he will help you out! ==c Ive heard that in certain circles, going to your local non-bigbox pellet retailer is akin to going to a Chippendales' convention, just locally....eh, thats what i heard anyhow.....
your compliments make me blush ;em...and I do have pellets in stock. I am wearing pants today though, its cold out there.

Chippendales might work for the ladies, But what about us guys? We certainly do want to see you two ugly mugs! I gotta see Mr. CT tomorrow. Gonna leave the new glasses home so's I don't see's too well! Might even throw em in the mud puddle JIC!

shhhhh, don't ruin the moment ;)

We have stove dealers that do that in our area. The pellet houses I speak of only sell pellets(one does sell Englander stoves). They sell pellets to whom ever walks through the door.

The stove shops prices are not pretty and what they sell they think are gold. I wouldn't want them anyway. :(
Well that's the problem in my area, no pellet dealers that I know of. I would like some better pellets,I have never been a fan of feeding the B.B stores. If anyone know of one in my area,please let me know :)

Another Email from Robbie 2 more lowes getting shipment today thats 5 stores this week
That begs the question...who the heck is buying them for the price they are getting???? Still $270/ton here.

Well that's the problem in my area, no pellet dealers that I know of. I would like some better pellets,I have never been a fan of feeding the B.B stores. If anyone know of one in my area,please let me know :)

Most of the pellet mills have a dealer finder on their sites. If your looking for a perticular brand. Check their site and see if they list some place close to you. Or you could try woodpelletpice and select your state. They have a good list of all the dealers in each state. Hopefully one is close to you.

http://www.woodpelletprice.com/

I stopped by my local Lowes today (Cromwell, CT). They had at least 30 tons of pellets: infernos, Green Supremes and North Americans.

I hit the HD today to get the faucet part I needed. They still have Prestologs 3 tons sittin by the door. I guy was getting a ton loaded when I arrived. Bright yellow wrappers for them this season. Wife wouldn't let me hunt down the stacks to count em, We were all pretty hungry.

The actually had the part I needed to fix the faucet too. Hit Applebees for some lunch while we were at it. Fixed the faucet and even got a quick snooze!

Reactions: DexterDay
bLowes in Hicksville had about 12 ton on the racks. Green Supreme and North American's.

Status
Not open for further replies.