Big difference after relining

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pro5oh

Aug 19, 2008
downeast Maine
Just relined my 8x8 flue with a flexible liner, first fire tonight, quite a difference and its only 37 degrees. Started easier, and seems to be burning longer...Should only get better as it cools off more.

Yep. I have an 8x8, I think it's 7.25 interior diameter. Ran a 6 inch liner down that puppy and insulated it. Big improvement in performance of the Jotul. Sweep climbed up after I shoved about 6 cord through it last year, looked down the liner, put the cap back on, climbed down and said to call him next year.

I used the same starting adjustments as always and I did overfire slightly compared to usual. Had a stove top temp of 700 in about half the time as usual, had to cut it back to bring it down to 500. Didnt have to do that before. Wish I put the liner in on day one.

Yep. The draft difference with a liner is an eye opener for sure. With the old insert I always thought I had a good draft. Put the liner in and went "Whoa". In fact it was too much draft for the old stove. Replaced it with the 30-NC and the big boy likes that good draft.

You know, I had just been thinking today that my first shoulder season fires have gone better than I had seen before. I had a flex liner, but this year I dumped perlite down around the liner. I feel like it started up faster and the magnetic thermometer on the stove pipe seemed to rise a lot faster than I remember. I'll be interested to see how the rest of the year goes.

Glad to hear you are happy with your reline!

Same here. I have seen better burn times, quicker startups and alot more heat from our liner. I went from a 7x11 flue to a 5.5 22 gauge rigid insulated liner. The best thing I did for the system.

same thing here, I wish I had done it years ago.

pen

Status
Not open for further replies.