Big E control board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Suddenlycalm

Oct 4, 2011
Midwest
Im new to the forums do please take it easy on me. I've got the ce-401 control board with the red capacitor burned up. Does anyone know what size this is? I'd really like to try this before I replace the whole unit.

Suddenlycalm said:
Im new to the forums do please take it easy on me. I've got the ce-401 control board with the red capacitor burned up. Does anyone know what size this is? I'd really like to try this before I replace the whole unit.

Welcome to the Forum! I cannot answer your question but I am sure someone probably will shortly. I wanted to say hello and let you know that this forum is not like other forums, the people are top notch, knowledgeable, and friendly. This is a really nice place.

Eric at Kinsman Stoves might know, he is a regular on this forum, please read my next post /topic on here about what he did for me.

Suddenlycalm said:

Send forum member "J-Takeman" a PM....he had a Big E, and is very knowledgable about working on control boards

Suddenlycalm said:

Welcome,

Actually its a Varistor made by Littlefuse. Here is the data sheet link: http://www.littelfuse.com/data/en/Data_Sheets/Littelfuse_MOV_UltraMOV.pdf

Part number V10E130P

Branding(actual number printed on the varistor) P10V130

I found them at Mouser: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?qs=zHiv0nsVGmrGGvLhQ8adhQ==

Usually when this is blown there is also damage to the transformer. Most common cause of failure is not using a surge suppressor.

Suddenlycalm said:

Hey welcome,

It is rare that we bite here, however we may growl a bit but it is too early in the season to be at that point.

WOW! You guys are great. This was my dad's stove and he got sick of messing with it, he works nights. So it now becomes my shop heater. Does anyone happen to know the specs on the transformer. I'm about to start my internet search but if someone had any info handy, i'd appreciate it. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.