Big E feeding but no flame.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Todd Hackett

Nov 24, 2020
Libby, MT
Yes, it is CLEAN. Fills the pot, pellets and/or burn pot does not even get warm. Does anybody know if the PoF and HiTemp thermodisks are normally open or closed? Checked the igniter and measured about 50 Ohms. Will take a look at V going to igniter in a bit, but suspect that it is 0V.

Later

Thanks joneh!
That symptom is on page 20 of my manual. So suspect that I have a bad board. Will pull it and check out the big silicon and go from there.

You did not comment on the disks? Normally open or closed?

Pulled the igniter and tested with 120V. Got red hot all the way until about 1/2" from the end. Suprised that I could not feel at least *some* heat. Getting a new one tomorra.