Big E Install Complete

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bonesy

Feeling the Heat
Oct 6, 2011
NE PA
Finally got my Big E installed and running last Thursday. It's been quite warm here in NEPA so I've only run about 2 1/2-3 bags of Prestologs through it so far. I have it set to on/off with a Breckwell remote RF thermostat. Pics below:

13348ac2.jpg

e4950fa1.jpg

e46302a3.jpg

606f9695.jpg

23ecbf66.jpg

522338b3.jpg

64945037.jpg

Congrads , i have heard that running it on ON/OFF is hard on the ignitors , I run mine on HIGH /LOW on a programable Thermostat, Remember to clean out behind the little doors on each side of the burn chamber, some don't know to do this and I don't think it tells you to do that in the owners manual, or at least mine didn't .

smoke show said:
Is that "local code approved" :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

Absolutely! ;-)

smoke show said:
Is that "local code approved" :lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)

I have the same question: 1. Obviously the stove is in the garage and 2. the vent pipe is awful close to the ground.

Tom C.

jmbones said:
Where I am there really are no codes, permits or inspections to worry about. Just need to make sure it's done safe, which is what I am doing.

I second the to close to ground comment. But you can always add to the vent later. Go up another 3 feet and it should be a bit safer.

Let us know how well it heats for you?

lol... It heats good so far on setting 3 with the thermostat and on/off mode, but as I said, it's been warm here in NEPA. As mentioned, if I find that I need to raise the termination up a little, very simple as adding a cleanout T and a short vertical section. The picture is a bit deceiving though.

Status
Not open for further replies.