Big E missing part

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwoodman

Aug 6, 2008
Me
We bought two Big E's this year and the first one is up and running fine. The second one is being set up now. However, the burnpot collar (I think that is what you would call it) is missing. Can you still use the stove without this part? My dealer said he would have to order one and it could take a couple of weeks to get. I would like to start using the stove now. The dealer said oh yes, you can use it that way. The collar just tries to keep the pellets from bouncing off to the side. Does this sound right? Thanks for any advice!!

Never heard of that part , mine has the burn pot and the burnpot inner section [ where the pellets fall into to be burnt] , I have no part on my stove identified as a burn pot collar .

Mine was missing when i bought my Big E also. My dealer told me every Big E in the shipment of stoves he recieved (about a dozen)was missing the burn pot collar. Breckwell obviously needs a new QC guy (or gal). I'm thankful he was on the ball and checked my stove before he loaded it into my truck. To his credit, he had one UPS'd to my house directly from his distributor within two days (THATS customer service!!!!). As far as i can see..... there should be absolutely no danger in running the stove without the collar. I could see a few errant pellets bouncing out of the burn pot on the way down at worst...... wasting a few pellets. As was stated, the collar just ensures they all go into the burn pot. In my opinion....... if it takes your dealer two weeks to get your collar to you, he isn't a very good dealer.

There is no problem running your stove without the collar. In matter of fact i ran our showroom stove without it for the longest time. He was stearing you in the right direction.

Could you supply a picture of the collar? I think I may need one also, my pellets bounce everywhere.

Most of the older stoves did not have the collar. You can run it without the collar. Some stoves do not need it. If you are seeing a lot of unburned pellets in the ash pan look for one.

Eric

The part # is A-COLLARBIGE. You can call Breckwell to order toll free # 866-606-8444 ext 112 for parts.
I purchased my Big E 6 plus years ago and have not had any issues, I do get partially burned pellets in the ash pan but nothing to really speak of.

Tony

don't think I have a collar on mine as well..???? it runs just fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.