Big E not shutting off

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony K

Jan 11, 2009
Northeast Ct
Stove seems to be working fine except when I shut it down. The fan/blower will keep running unless I unplug the stove. Normally when I would shut it down you could hear the fan motor change rpms which now I don't. Control board issue?

I would try troubleshooting your proof of fire snap disc first. Unplug before working in the cabinet... You can do a temporary by-pass to rule it out.

I would try troubleshooting your proof of fire snap disc first. Unplug before working in the cabinet... You can do a temporary by-pass to rule it out.
Yes that's exactly what I did. Although symptoms didn't fit it was the pof! I just wiggled it and stove would go on and off on and off. Always have spares of everything so changed it and all seems to be working as expected. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.