Big E not working right!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyoderby

Nov 6, 2008
wyoming
My Big E pellet stove is 2 years old and when I turn it above 2 it shutsdown and flashes a 2 at me. I have done pretty much everything that the manual says to do. Its seems to me that it is overheating but not flashing a over temp code. I used my temp gun on it and it is well over 550 degrees just on setting 3. Any suggestion would be appriciated.

Thats really hot.Did you unplug/replug it in and check that the motors are running.

Clean your chimney or the little hole on the upper left rear firewall. Do not blow into the hole or use a shop vac on it.

Eric

Tell me what your exhaust consists of and the diameter.

Eric

Hmmmm.

Any funny sounds being made by the unit and how long does it take to shut off?

Eric

the combustion motor just shuts off then it goes into cool down and shuts off but if I let it set for 5 min to cool down I can hold on put down and do a warm start up and it works

Take the rear panel off and see it that helps. On the right side is the combustion BLOWER. losen the screws and twist the motor to remove it. Check the fan fins.

Eric

Removing the rear panel might also help removing some of the heat. I do not think I was clear in that.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.