Big E Pellet Stove Control Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigecrazy

Jan 11, 2011
western va
We have a Breckwell Big E Pellet Stove, Model P1000. The auger would not feed pellets. Determined that the control board was bad. Order new board, old board is a part #C-E-401. The new board is an A-E-401. We were told this is the same board just updated. However the auger still will not feed pellets. Does this new board work the same or do we need to make adjustments. Needing help.

My control board went bad this year after 5 years of use. The new control board works fine in my stove and I did not have to do any adjustments. Might be a bad bearing that froze in the auger motor. Are you mechanically inclined ? If so the Big E is what I would call very user friendly to work on. Some times the auger will come out of its seat , if you take the cover off the auger in the feed hopper you can view the auger , it moves up and down a bit , not much mind you but a little, maybe it is not seated and the shaft is not getting turnrd by the motor. Or if you take off the control board side you can view the auger motor, and see if the motor is turning the shaft. With out some more back ground , I'd look at that if it were my stove. Hope this is some help.

You have an air leak somewhere in the stove or the port for the air switch tube is blocked. Search the forum for this and you will see numerous post I have done on cleaning the Big E. I beat the original board was fine.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.