BIG E PROBLEM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornerstone

Oct 14, 2008
NY
Hi
My husband just installed the Big E and we started it up for the 1st time this morning. I have it running now for 3 hours, but it is blowing "warm" not hot air. Warm air as in only a blow dryer temp?? Any ideas why? Thanks for any replies...we are newbies to pellet heating

On the control panel what position is the toggle switch in? It should only be in the manual position unless you have a proper thermostat. You can call me.

Eric
330-876-0200

It was on manual. I just switched it to high and turned the heat exchange to 4 and put on the high fan. I'll see what happens in a few minutes....Thank you for responding, I am sure I'll have lots of questions!!!haha

Stop!

Only run the stove in Manual unless you have an proper thermostat. PERIOD.

Please call me since your dealer is not giving you proper support.

"I live my life to serve others"

Eric
330-876-0200

Thank you for responding to my questions. My dealer is only opened Thurs, Fri, Sat, so if I have any questions it's hard to get ahold of him. I am usually good at figuring things out, but I am just learning the process of the pellet stove. I appreciate a site like this, I find it more helpful than trying to figure out what the manual says....Thank you So Much for offering me to call you for advice. It's nice to know there are people willing to help and only for the love of what they do!!! Truly Appreciated! I'll keep you posted on my warmth!! Actually I feel silly having it burning today, but I want to work out all the details before the real cold hits NY!!!

Thanks

And your Dealer should have also told you that the "High Fan" switch is to only help cool the stove not to get more heat from the unit. I am here approx. 12-14 hrs a day for 6 days a week and another 3-4 on Sundays. I can help. This is more than just a hobby to me.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.