Big Stihl needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bspring, you do not need the 880. I cut everyday, I own the 084, it is the saw that closely matches the 880. If your going for a good mid size saw I would say the ms441 or the ms460 with a 28" bar. If you just have to have a bit bigger then get the ms660 with a 32" bar. I am telling you from a professional point of veiw I use the 084 with a 40" bar maybe once a month, The trees may be bigger around where you are but man I cut a lot of trees and I use the smaller bars and motors on a lot of big wood. :gulp:

Thats some big stuff, I'll revise my answer......I'd want an 066 or 390/394/395

there is a decent 064/066 (it's an 064 with 066P&C in it) on the classifieds section of arboristsite. It's not the prettiest saw I ever saw, but decent. sounds like he isn't firm on the price.

HittinSteel said:

lol I would bust it with a 460. Those fender wells are not over 48 inch's.....

RNLA said:
Bspring, you do not need the 880.

Not many people need an 880...I guess you didn't catch my dry sense of humor. He said big Stihl...and that's as big as they come.

lukem said:
RNLA said:
Bspring, you do not need the 880.

Not many people need an 880...I guess you didn't catch my dry sense of humor. He said big Stihl...and that's as big as they come.

Hooiser sence of humor! lol

smokinjay said:
HittinSteel said:

lol I would bust it with a 460. Those fender wells are not over 48 inch's.....

It's the noodling those monsters in to about 8 chunks that would have me wanting some more ass........ but, a 460 would certainly do the job, as would a 372XP.

lukem said:
and that's as big as they come.

Obviously, you haven't heard of Stihl's newly released diesel-powered MS-1250! :p

Attachments

• Stihl MS 1200.jpg
    Stihl MS 1200.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 218
Mt Ski Bum said:
lukem said:
and that's as big as they come.

Obviously, you haven't heard of Stihl's newly released diesel-powered MS-1250! :p

SOLD!

Way to go man. Now some chainsaw junkie won't be able to sleep tonight because they'll be up thinking about how sweet it would be to be rollin' coal with their chainsaw....searching the internet for a diesel engine under 50 pounds....etc...etc.

1933 Dow Low Stump Chainsaw powered by 18HP Indian motorcycle engine,$990 new & 460 pounds.

Attachments

• 1933 Dow Low Stump Chainsaw with 18HP Indian motor weight 460 pounds $990 new.jpg
    1933 Dow Low Stump Chainsaw with 18HP Indian motor weight 460 pounds $990 new.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 214
Status
Not open for further replies.