Big Stove, little house?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How good a deal is that?

I just priced a 500 enamel and it was $3100 I believe...though it was white. Not sure if the color matters. I am on the fence between the 500 and 600. I like the double doors a lot better, but I want the cook top. Gotta flip a coin. Having said that if I could get a 600 and a hearth pad for that price I would do it!!

Thank you all so much. The reason we dont want a pellet or wood stove with a blower is because we like the idea of not having to rely on our generator for heat. We talked about it and I think we agreed that we would go ahead and get it and see how it works. Ill be sure to put a picture up once we get it in and going. :)

@Stovelark... The guy who selling it actually has a son who's a service tech and installer. Used to work for his dad. He said he could give us his number if we needed help with anything.

Thank you all so much. The reason we dont want a pellet or wood stove with a blower is because we like the idea of not having to rely on our generator for heat. We talked about it and I think we agreed that we would go ahead and get it and see how it works. Ill be sure to put a picture up once we get it in and going. :)

Before signing the check, be sure that the planned location has adequate clearances for the stove. Do you have a good 2-3 cords of wood already cut/split and stacked?

I'd take the matte black. But personally the wife n I are COLD at 75 in the stove room in winter. Its not unusual to be 85F in there in the winter. The room my stove is in is 450 sqft and there is close to 2000 +/- sqft open to that room through the 2 doorways.

SEC- gotcha. Not much chance of a Jotul going bad anyway- the stoves normally just work. My Oslo went 7 seasons and looked like new still (Blue Black enamel helps). Never replaced anything, but 7 years is relatively short time. Good luck and great color!

Status
Not open for further replies.