Big Surprise!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigV

Oct 1, 2006
Akron, OH
I came home today from helping out the Ohio Youth Wrestling session to find a huge pile of Maple setting in rounds in the driveway. My 21 year old son calls minutes later to explain that he saw the Maple tree down in his neighbors yard. He came over and borrowed my trailer and chain saw and helped the neighbor cut the Maple up and then was given the wood for his efforts. 21 year old full time collage kid working a full time (50 to 60 hours a week roofing) still has time to think of the old man. What a great kid!

BigV said:
I came home today from helping out the Ohio Youth Wrestling session to find a huge pile of Maple setting in rounds in the driveway. My 21 year old son calls minutes later to explain that he saw the Maple tree down in his neighbors yard. He came over and borrowed my trailer and chain saw and helped the neighbor cut the Maple up and then was given the wood for his efforts. 21 year old full time collage kid working a full time (50 to 60 hours a week roofing) still has time to think of the old man. What a great kid!
That's a good kid.

Mmost kids today would have just driven by. Now if he were a really GREAT kid he would have split it too! but I wouldnt ask that of anybody bringing me free wood.

That is a very fine son you have. I tip my hat...

My brother offered to help with a pickup load of oak today. It was NOT easy as access to the wood was 100' from where we could get his truck. He didn't say a word... he just dug in and helped to drag a LOT of wood to his truck. It was not easy. But it was about "git 'er done". This was one of the finest afternoons I've had with him in years.

Give him a few bucks to go take his girl out!

That aint no kid anymore, thats a good man looking out for his dad.

BigV said:

Not many MEN!! around like that any more!

Ya' done good Dad, character like that doesn't grow on trees you know (no pun intended).

Thanks for all the kind words. My son (he’ll always be a kid to me) has great morals and seems to do all the right things. Him mom and me have worked hard to instill these morals into him. All we could do was give him the right tools and then it was up to him. The funny thing is that when he called one of the first things he asked was when I was getting my splitter back (loaned to a friend) so he could get started splitting the wood. The real kicker is that he does not live at home so he doesn’t get to enjoy the fruits of his labor but only when he stops by for a visit. At a tender age of 21, I am sure he will be very successful in whatever he does in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.