1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Bigger saws!!!

Post in 'The Gear' started by Yogi, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    The 346 is a great choice, its an exelent saw. And always,always wear you'r PPE.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Yogi

Yogi New Member

Well bobo, I have to say I am very happy so far, it is a very clean saw. I put gas and oil in it, five pulls latter it was running! Haven't had time to try and cut anything with it, but it does run! The hole looks lie a screw goes there, but doesn't appear to have ever had one in it?
    Thank you bobo!
  3. bobo

bobo New Member

Glad it worked out for ya. Should be a great saw for your kinda use. Next time I sell a bigger saw you might get first dibbs on it.

Bobo

4. zzr7ky

zzr7ky Minister of Fire

Bobo - You're treating yourself really well with the Dolmar 5100s! I've had one for a couple months now. I walk past the saws I used to like well. I'm glad I passed on the 353 I had my heart set on. Enjoy!

Mike P
  5. bobo

bobo New Member

I just ordered two 5100s Dolmars last nite. If I like them I just might buy a 7900 to try out. I'm still wondering about longivity on the Dolmars. Have a friend that was running a 5100s for about a year that likes the saw.

Bobo
  6. zzr7ky

zzr7ky Minister of Fire

Hi -

The Dolmar I ran in the mid80's is still fierce! They have a fine durability record. I suspect that is way Makita spent the money. I wish I had a decent excuse to buy a 7900!

Enjoy!
    Mike P
  7. Yogi

Yogi New Member

Not sure what you are talking about Roo, that saw is awsome!!!!!! I got to run it tonight, man that thing is mean!!! I did some research and the best price I could find was $425 for the saw with a case and two chains. So I guess I must have done awsome for getting that for $200!!! Thank you agian bobo, what a great deal!!!! That thing runs circles around my Wild thing!!! I will have to change my signature and avatar now, to represent a "real saw" now!! Man, bring on the wood!!!!!!!!!
    Another question, know now what a 3120 is, I have been given the oppertunity to buy one, $500 or so, I know it is way too much saw for me, but man would it look cool!!! I was told it runs great and all is well with the saw, is tat a decent buy?
  8. My_3_Girls

My_3_Girls Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    How about changing your Signature line???????

Whoops... I just read the rest of the post.
  9. MrGriz

MrGriz New Member

Loc:
    Waterford, WI
    Yogi does that mean that the wild thing is going to give up the crow and get fitted for a tiara?
  10. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    Good taste (and common sense) demands it!
  11. MrGriz

MrGriz New Member

Loc:
    Waterford, WI
    Sorry... I just noticed the typo in my post.

I meant to say give up the crown. Maybe subliminaly I meant eat crow...
  12. Yogi

Yogi New Member

LOL!! OK, OK, I will work on that guys!
  13. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Happy Birthday 2 U .......... Happy Birthday 2 U
    Happy Birthday dear Yogi ..........................
    Happy Birthday 2 U !

Your NEW Avatar Yogi
    / Roospike /

Attached Files:

14. Yogi

Yogi New Member

Well thank you Roo, as soon as I can get it resized and figure out how to ge my avatar to change, I was going to use an 090 contra lightning, but this is much better!!!
  15. bobo

bobo New Member

Hey Yogi ..Hows about an update on the 346? :coolsmile:
  16. Yogi

Yogi New Member

Well, I had to get a new chain, it was very dull, then I cut about a cord and a half this weekend, the saw ran great, I didn't!!!! I ended up with the flu, so I moved real slow. That thing rips!!!! I did find I couldn't push it real hard, but it cut like crazy!!! Very happy with that deal bobo, thank you again for that saw!!
    Then that othr saw you were talking about the 732? or whatever it was, still want to sell it? My buddy said I had no buisness with 3120, even just to have laying around the garage, so I guess I will have to pass on that deal :(
  17. bobo

bobo New Member

Yogi that was a 372 that I might sell. The 3120 isn't the saw for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.