Biggest Woodstove (most heat)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Note: The OP already has a Hearthstone Equinox.

Blaze King King or one of the big Buck stoves.

Doesn't matter what size stove you get if you don't get the stove top temps over 350 degrees. Learn what the issues have first before you carry them on to the next stove.

You have one of the best (non cat) stoves out there already. The issue is most likely not the stove.

Shawn

Well just to make a reply. Largest is the Hutch Rebel at nearly 10 cu ft. And I would give it the award for BTU output also. Does it burn long, well kinda based on volume, but if it were a blaze king technology it would burn for a week. OK enough of all that.

wkpoor said:
Well just to make a reply. Largest is the Hutch Rebel at nearly 10 cu ft. And I would give it the award for BTU output also. .

10 cu ft ? That could heat most Massachusetts , let alone a 2800 suare foot home!!!

Shawn

I'm sure there were some Fishers in that size range.

I don't know what the biggest is, but the biggest I've seen is one of those Vogelzang barrel kits. 55 gallons is a little over 7 cubic feet, but you won't find anyone who suggests it's a good stove for a house...

If that kit uses a 55 gal drum, it would be around 9 cu ft. A drum is ~24" diameter and 35" tall.

Biggest stove was the hombuilt one my Dad used to heat their house until last year. Was a old 275 gal oil tank shortened a bit. Was around 30 cu ft.

Maybe the OP meant total weight? Then it would be one of those masonry heater. I think those Tulikivi units weigh in at over 10K !!

21 cubic feet !!!!!! Well, I don't know that it qualifies as a wood stove, but many years ago, my Dad cut about a 36 in. section of 36 in gas pipe line (1/4 in thick steel), put a top on it out of 1/4 in plate steel with a hole for a chimney pipe......cut out a door and welded hinges on it. Set the hole thing on a big flat rock on the floor in the middle of our hunting cabin. I think the stove pipe was 8 in that went up, 90ed into an old brick chimney, one brick thick. Dad passed away in 1994, but that old stove is still heating that hunting cabin. I have know idea how it has not burned to ground a long time ago, but it hasn't.

Sorry, I know that is not what the OP wanted, but I couldn't help myself. Had to tell the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.