1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Bio Bricks this season - 4 Tons!

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by cogger, Sep 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Northeastern MA (near Lowell)
    Don't know where you posted your earlier question, but if you thought it was here, it wasn't... You are showing a total of two posts, both in this thread... If you meant to post it here, something burped, don't know where, and it didn't make it. Perhaps if you reposted?

Gooserider

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. johnnywarm

johnnywarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Connecticut

I do belive i'm going to stay using pellets. i was thinking about doing both.
  3. Cath

Cath Feeling the Heat

Goose,
    He posted it in this thread, see post # 96 a little further up.

I think the Noobie question got lost in the activity of this hot topic. Perhaps someone should suggest he post a separate and specific question so it can be properly addressed. It would only get buried in this thread anyway.

ETA - I just took the liberty of PM'ing him with the suggestion that he post his Noobie questions separately.
    ~Cath
  4. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    You're right, my error... :red: I think the conversion factor I've heard is roughly 1.5 tons of BB's to 1 cord of wood, so that would be 3 tons for 2 cords, or 9 tons of BioBricks for 6 cords of wood - seems like an awful lot...

However you are also correct, in that the rest of his question would best be asked in a new thread...

Gooserider
  5. DonCT

DonCT Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bristol, Connecticut
    Goose, I think you have it backwords. They advertise 1 ton of Bio's equal 1.5 cords of wood. ;)
  6. Gooserider

Gooserider Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    1.5 tons of Bios (at about 17MBtus/ton) to equal 1 cord of wood was a direct quote from earlier in this thread, The Biopellet website says one pallet (which IIRC is = 1 ton) is a replacement for one cord of 21% moisture cordwood... I'm not sure just who to believe, though I tend to be doubtful about manufacturer claims - (look at the claims for stoves about areas heated and burn times...) - but 1 - 1 does seem a bit more reasonable...

Gooserider
  7. Anji12305

Anji12305 New Member

Loc:
    Massachusetts South Coast
    BioBricks, use and storage...

I purchased 15 packs as a trial from Terleckey brothers in Amsterdam, NY.

The stuff is VERY easy to handle, and priced right to augment my local cordwood supply.

It has, however, given me fits in storage.
    I'm down to the last 6 packs, and ALL of them show signs of moisture infiltrating the bricks through the package seams.

Have the larger volume users a suggestion for outdoor storage?
    (Mine are stacked next to my cordwood, under a tarp and shed.)

Vermont resolute and Hearthstone Homestead stoves
  8. nhtodd

nhtodd New Member

Loc:
    ManchVegas, New Hampshire
    I have stored mine indoors however when they arrived on the skid they were wrapped with a very heavy plastic I would think they could stay outside for a short time. I am not so sure they could stay out long term.
  9. BioPellet

BioPellet New Member

four BioBricks(tm) 4 - three leaning around balled up newsprint and one laying flat on top http://www.biopellet.net/instructions.html
  10. BioPellet

BioPellet New Member

11. BioPellet

BioPellet New Member

12. cogger

cogger Member

I went with this wood year becasue when I want a consistent 500 degrees I find it better with wood, but still like the bio's for ease. So thus concludes my year trial run.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.